Google pixel XL Question

Just bought a p4p , before I open the box , can anyone confirm if this phone works now with DJI app? This thread is from last year, just curious if DJI worked out any pixel or nougat bugs.

I'd rather avoid buying a tablet if I don't need it.

The Google Pixel XL is not a device supported by DJI. You can find some threads where other people are discussing it in these search results. Some people are reporting that it's working okay for them. If you find it does not work, then it would be best to use a supported/recommended device from this list.

Just bought a p4p , before I open the box , can anyone confirm if this phone works now with DJI app? This thread is from last year, just curious if DJI worked out any pixel or nougat bugs.

I'd rather avoid buying a tablet if I don't need it.
Yes it work if you follow the instructions on Page 1 of this thread.

Basically the phone doesnt like wireless hotspots that do not have internet access, but you tell it stay connected and configure the cellular modem to be active as well.

Reactions: debauch
I have a Phantom 3 Standard and have gotten excellent results using a Samsung S6 and S8 phone. I recently moved to the Pixel 2 phone and now have problems. I did have issues with the WiFi connection, but if I forget the network and select it new each time (and provide the 12341234 password) then I establish a connection with the drone. I have turned off cellular data as others have suggested. This lets me operate the drone, but the video is laggy. With the drone 10 feet from me, there is now about a 1/2 second lag from when I tell it to rotate and the when the new rotated image shows on the screen, Video is now jerky and I seem to easily lose contact with the drone.

Is anyone having these issues with the Google Pixel 2 phone? Any ideas (other than go back to the S6 or S8)?

Dave

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and have gotten excellent results using a Samsung S6 and S8 phone. I recently moved to the Pixel 2 phone and now have problems. I did have issues with the WiFi connection, but if I forget the network and select it new each time (and provide the 12341234 password) then I establish a connection with the drone. I have turned off cellular data as others have suggested. This lets me operate the drone, but the video is laggy. With the drone 10 feet from me, there is now about a 1/2 second lag from when I tell it to rotate and the when the new rotated image shows on the screen, Video is now jerky and I seem to easily lose contact with the drone.

Is anyone having these issues with the Google Pixel 2 phone? Any ideas (other than go back to the S6 or S8)?

Dave
Pixel 2 is not on the approved DJI list of approved devices, unless I miss something. It doesn't surprise me you have problems. That phone likely has the latest Android OS and incorporates a new architecture that likely has issues with the latest Go app for the P3S. I would stick with the S8 if that works OK. Doesn't the S8 have a super bright 1200nit screen?

I have been using my Pixel XL with my Phantom 3 Professional with no problems at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik