goodluckbuy gimbal questions

they finally got back to me.
Turns out there was some sort of holiday going on there. Nothing has been shipped out yet. Oh well, at least I know now :)

T2HJcgXQhXXXXXXXXX_!!78206006-0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg

T2OugaXOBaXXXXXXXX_!!78206006-0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg

I crashed and screwed up my first glbuy gimbal,ordered a new board and hooked it up today.It works but when it turns on the roll on the camera is off.Pitch works fine,but camera is crooked on startup.How can I fix this? Maybe thre the gimbal software? Ive never been able to find a working version of the software

I just got my gimbal. From the reviews of the seller I expected it to be assembled, as most described it ready to fly. What I got is the most extreme opposite of rtf, had to assemble the whole blasted thing. It did have all the connectors on it, so there was no soldering, but I had to figure out everything else, including which spots the pitch and roll motors plug into, and the orientation of the sensor.

It's together, but it jerks around and shakes violently. I don't have a gopro, but I made a dummy weight that's the same as a gopro and balanced it on the gimbal. It hangs very close to level with no power. When I plug it in it starts shaking. I have video of it on YouTube, but not sure how to embed, so here's the link. http://youtu.be/HauvFwvltoE

If anyone has any idea of what I need to do next, I'd really appreciate any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
I just got my gimbal. From the reviews of the seller I expected it to be assembled, as most described it ready to fly. What I got is the most extreme opposite of rtf, had to assemble the whole blasted thing. It did have all the connectors on it, so there was no soldering, but I had to figure out everything else, including which spots the pitch and roll motors plug into, and the orientation of the sensor.

It's together, but it jerks around and shakes violently. I don't have a gopro, but I made a dummy weight that's the same as a gopro and balanced it on the gimbal. It hangs very close to level with no power. When I plug it in it starts shaking. I have video of it on YouTube, but not sure how to embed, so here's the link. http://youtu.be/HauvFwvltoE

If anyone has any idea of what I need to do next, I'd really appreciate any help.

I believe weight distribution is also a factor. You have all of the mass in the center of the gimbal, so that could be why it is reacting the way it does.

T0Rtur3 said:
I believe weight distribution is also a factor. You have all of the mass in the center of the gimbal, so that could be why it is reacting the way it does.

I positioned it there because it's where the gimbal balanced. I thought that that's where it needed to be placed. I did try it positioned more where the gopro would be, and it didn't change any. I'll try to get my friends gopro on it and see if it's any different.

Jermz said:

Try pressing the small round button on the controller board once or twice to see if it can calibrate the accelerator or gyroscope. Otherwise you may need to run the GUI for tuning. :?: :!: :?:

9Jamie said:
Try pressing the small round button on the controller board once or twice to see if it can calibrate the accelerator or gyroscope. Otherwise you may need to run the GUI for tuning. :?: :!: :?:

Well, I feel a little stupid now, after trying the button presses with no luck I switched where the two motors plugged in. It still acted kinda weird, but I did the button presses and it started working. Well, mostly working. It gets stuck at a bit of an angle on the roll axis, but it seems to be actually working now.

People, I say again, if you are going to order from goodluckbuy, be aware that they now have two gimbal models: the older and heavy one, and a newer and (almost) 100 grams lighter. The newer one is called GL-2X. It's 30$ more expensive, but I think it's well worth the difference, considering what you gain in flight time. Also, no horizon drift, no high-pitched noise form the motors and no separate IMU sensor that may be glued tilted.

I say this because I see some of you have still ordered the older model and are struggling with the same old gripes.

The mount on the GL-2X looks smaller than the silver gimbal. I use a Mobius rather than a GoPro camera. Hard to tell if the Mobius will fit. Anyone know?

htownphantom said:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gl-2x-2-axis-cnc-brushless-fpv-gimbal-with-alexmos-controller-for-gopro-3-3-aerial-photography.html

Mine exactly the same as that was delivered last week. Installed it on the FC40 (need to tidy the wiring and decide how permanent I want it to be) and it seems to work very well straight out of the box. Not tried flying with it yet (too busy or too windy) but initial impressions suggest its very good.

Rotoscope said:
The mount on the GL-2X looks smaller than the silver gimbal. I use a Mobius rather than a GoPro camera. Hard to tell if the Mobius will fit. Anyone know?
It doesn't. You'd have to strip away the securing lever and devise a new way of securing the camera, such as mounting the gimbal rotated 90 deg and somehow securing the Mobius; or mount the Mobius on the underside, which would require longer legs to keep the camera from bumping in the ground. Also, the gimbal has it's weight center designed around a GoPro. That is, it's terribly out of balance without a GoPro in the mount. I toyed with the idea of also mounting a Mobius on this gimbal, but I came to the conclusion it is too hard to fit. This is a Gimbal closely designed for a GoPro.

Thanks BladHaund. I appreciate it. It's back to the silver goodluckybuy then. Does anyone recommend a particular seller?

I noticed that recent ads for the GLB gimbal have the small red JST power connector rather than the white plug that connects directly to the lipo battery. Does the change make it possible to plug directly into the Phantom power? I have the Phantom 2.

Rotoscope said:
I noticed that recent ads for the GLB gimbal have the small red JST power connector rather than the white plug that connects directly to the lipo battery. Does the change make it possible to plug directly into the Phantom power? I have the Phantom 2.

yes - kinda.

You would need to use the aux cables located inside the phantom.
You can youtube goodluck gimbal phantom install and see how its done

I buy a CNC brushless gimbal . It have several names: China No Name Gimbal , GoodLuckBuy gimbal etc ... It is already set for GoPro camera, but I try to using it with original Phantom FC 40 camera
fc40-front.jpg

As you can see I mounted upside down FC 40 camera, but it not big problem.
I just rotate mobile device for FPV using in flight , and then later on PC I finaly rotate video clip.
More problem is to I fine tune gimbal setting. Curently settings are:

basic.jpg

advance.jpg

And I have still have problem in video:

http://youtu.be/DSpu1S2bITk

More problem for me are setting of pitch axis and jello then roll axis.
Does anyone have some idea, what I try else to set in gimbal settings ?

Actually... does anyone know the wiring for the extra 'roll' wire? Which pin does it go to on the Naza? What about the on the gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31