Good places to fly around Davenport & Kissimmee FL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just moved to this area from Daytona Beach and I’m looking around for some good spots to fly. The nice thing is that most of the area is Class G airspace so plenty of flexibility there. I am 107 cert but I like to fly as much as possible for practice and polish skills using different apps and software. Driving around, I see tons of empty fields and spaces but I thought I’d check here to see if anyone knows of any preferred locations that would be good for flying.

Thanks in advance!

I worked in the area for 20 years. I left in 2007. Not a definitive place, but the lakes would be a good place. With all the lakes around, you could make a good nature video. This is the time of the year the birds are in the lakes. A nice low shot of sandhill cranes, cormorants, egrets, wood storks and maybe a gator or manatee. The Florida specie of sandhill crane is super friendly and goes in groups. They would actually peck the lens of my camera and take food out of my hand.

Maybe I should made this a post and see who in Florida can make the best nature video.

Reactions: TerKelDing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj