Good News Story - Never Give up

Reaction score
I've been flying my drone for 3 years as a commercial photographer and never had anything but great flights and results.
Last month I was flying a mission for a real estate shoot and my drone, my fault, was too close to a tree and the wind moved it and i was in the tree before I knew it.
The tree was in a ravine and at least 120ft tall. With no way to get it down I left it there.
3 weeks later and after a number of rain storms, the owner of the house phoned me and said my drone blew down today, come and get it. We had just had a major wind storm in the area.
The drone was dirty, the battery had popped-out, the gimble was hanging loose and there was minor damage.
I repaired what I could and took it for a flight today.....everything works!! Holly S#$T!!
This drone was in a tree for 3 weeks, we had major rain storms at least twice and it fell at least 120ft....amazing!!

Good story and you where lucky to get your drone back and still in working order after all that time..wow!

I've been flying my drone for 3 years as a commercial photographer and never had anything but great flights and results.
Last month I was flying a mission for a real estate shoot and my drone, my fault, was too close to a tree and the wind moved it and i was in the tree before I knew it.
The tree was in a ravine and at least 120ft tall. With no way to get it down I left it there.
3 weeks later and after a number of rain storms, the owner of the house phoned me and said my drone blew down today, come and get it. We had just had a major wind storm in the area.
The drone was dirty, the battery had popped-out, the gimble was hanging loose and there was minor damage.
I repaired what I could and took it for a flight today.....everything works!! Holly S#$T!!
This drone was in a tree for 3 weeks, we had major rain storms at least twice and it fell at least 120ft....amazing!!
You can't knock DJI for how well they build their drone, except those little hair line cracks. I've had mine in the water for an hour and a half and the next day it flew fine. That is one reason they are on top.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4