Good Deal?

What I don't understand is why do they include the DJI Phantom Flight Battery with XT60 Connector (11.1V, 2200mAh)

What does it power? I thought everything is powered off the new 5200mAh battery pack?

It those are the exact items you're wanting, I imagine it's a fair price. B&H always has reasonable prices.

However, you can probably put together a similar package for a lot less money I imagine.
a Phantom 2 is $900,,. so they're basically throwing in FPV/iOSD/ and a case for an extra $700.

..and why would they include a 2200mah battery?!? (that only works for a Phantom 1).
unless it's being used to power the FPV monitor? (the 4xAA's re for the Tx I imagine tho)

Gizmo3000 said:
It those are the exact items you're wanting, I imagine it's a fair price. B&H always has reasonable prices.

However, you can probably put together a similar package for a lot less money I imagine.
a Phantom 2 is $900,,. so they're basically throwing in FPV/iOSD/ and a case for an extra $700.

..and why would they include a 2200mah battery?!? (that only works for a Phantom 1).
unless it's being used to power the FPV monitor? (the 4xAA's re for the Tx I imagine tho)

Yes, that battery is powering the monitor etc....

I would like to buy a complete system for a cheaper price but I have not been able to find a complete system. I wish DJI would come out with their own plug and play system

This Kit Includes:
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter $869
DJI AVL58 5.8 GHz Video Link Kit $240
DJI iOSD Mini On Screen Display $69
Tote Vision LCD-410 4-Inch Portable LCD Monitor $200
Pearstone BNC Female to RCA Female Adapter
DJI Phantom Flight Battery with XT60 Connector (11.1V, 2200mAh) $25
Watson 4-Hour Rapid Charger with 4 AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (2300mAh)
HPRC 2700WPHA2 Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Wheels $250
DJI Gimbal For Phantom 2 $0
B&H Photo PHANTOM2 GIMBAL & 5.8 VIDEO INSTALL

Totals out to $1653 without the AA battery charger and the install service

The AA batteries are for the phantom controller and the old phantom battery for the FPV ground system.

If you wanted to go cheaper, the only things you could save money on would be the case and the FPV setup. You could go boscam with a cheaper monitor. You could get an MCM case ($40 but currently back ordered). It won't have wheels and not precut to fit and might be a tight squeeze. You could also go with a cheap $100 boscam system and $85 monitor. You'll have to install and wire it yourself. It depends on you budget. You could go the cheaper route and be in for around $1200. If the extra $400 will break the bank, do it yourself and buy separately. The nice thing about B&H is that if any of the included parts mess up, they will take care of you. You can buy from some cheaper online sources but good luck getting any help from them.

as far as DJI coming out with a plug and play system, they basically have with the phantom 2. You can install a zenmuse, FPV and iosd without opening the shell. Granted you'll need to solder but if that is an issue, http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk makes a cable that will make the immersionrc and mini iosd plug and play but requires you to open the shell. Trade off. It could take longer to open the shell then to solder the wires.

Ksc said:
This Kit Includes:
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter $869
DJI AVL58 5.8 GHz Video Link Kit $240
DJI iOSD Mini On Screen Display $69
Tote Vision LCD-410 4-Inch Portable LCD Monitor $200
Pearstone BNC Female to RCA Female Adapter
DJI Phantom Flight Battery with XT60 Connector (11.1V, 2200mAh) $25
Watson 4-Hour Rapid Charger with 4 AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (2300mAh)
HPRC 2700WPHA2 Hard Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Wheels $250
DJI Gimbal For Phantom 2 $0
B&H Photo PHANTOM2 GIMBAL & 5.8 VIDEO INSTALL

Totals out to $1653 without the AA battery charger and the install service

The AA batteries are for the phantom controller and the old phantom battery for the FPV ground system.

If you wanted to go cheaper, the only things you could save money on would be the case and the FPV setup. You could go boscam with a cheaper monitor. You could get an MCM case ($40 but currently back ordered). It won't have wheels and not precut to fit and might be a tight squeeze. You could also go with a cheap $100 boscam system and $85 monitor. You'll have to install and wire it yourself. It depends on you budget. You could go the cheaper route and be in for around $1200. If the extra $400 will break the bank, do it yourself and buy separately. The nice thing about B&H is that if any of the included parts mess up, they will take care of you. You can buy from some cheaper online sources but good luck getting any help from them.

Good info and thanks.......

Not looking to cheap out but not looking to screw up anything either. I'd rather pay the extra $400 to be sure its done correct. I think the B&H system is the way to go. The guy I did end up talking to was not sure about how to attached the battery, monitor etc.... to the DJI's transmitter. Thats the only question I really have now

FASTFJR said:
What I don't understand is why do they include the DJI Phantom Flight Battery with XT60 Connector (11.1V, 2200mAh)

What does it power? I thought everything is powered off the new 5200mAh battery pack?

Is a Phantom 1 battery. Maybe they post a wrong picture.

ginsonic said:
FASTFJR said:

Is a Phantom 1 battery. Maybe they post a wrong picture.

They told me its correct and it powers the monitor etc….

Ksc said:
The probably did the math and realized they weren't making any money on this package.

I think your right, I noticed all the packages went up in price. I was on the chat line and the guy told me to call customer service today or tomorrow. They might sell it for the older price or throw in a battery and some props. I would like to get the package without the $229 case

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl