Gone too far ?

Reaction score
20180829_152658.jpg 20180829_152725.jpg
Ground Control to Major Tom.

"This is major Tom to ground control, I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
Here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do"....................................................................

You are flying within sight aren't you?
I think the answer is pretty obvious without asking the question. That is of coarse assuming this setup actually functions. And it may do just that. Impressive, none the less.

I could do with one of those! The 500m limit the CAA grants me really does test my drones capabilities.

Actually.....look at all the trees around the yard and the BIG Pine tree.....we all know that they cause loss of signals Right....i think its phony and just for some Fun ! Hey Major Tom....hows your food supply holding UP !

You probably get better signal without the reflector- being a paraboloid segment with the panel mounted in the vertex position where the feed horn would usually sit if the reflector did work as intended it would be firing way above the AC...

Looks cool though...

I was hoping to out fly my battery with this but I didn't get the gain I was looking for. It
Works really well, I just need to make the perfect antenna for it and add the right boosters.
"And the papers want to know who's shirts you wear".

I think the answer is pretty obvious without asking the question. That is of coarse assuming this setup actually functions. And it may do just that. Impressive, none the less.
Unless he moved the feedhorn to defocus that thing I would be surprised. IE: If you have ever tried to setup one of those things and seen how beamy and directional they are natively. Get over that though and it would be cool.

I have an old Direcway/Hughesnet satellite internet system that I carried around in our motorhome from 2004 to 2009 for anyone wants for this purpose. I'd get rid of it for shipping (expect that would be expensive as heck from the west coast). Otherwise I need to recycle what possible and trash the rest.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT