Golf Video

Reaction score
i did this little video at my local course. Unfortunately before I had a gimbal but still not bad. I had a hell of a time getting cooperation from the golfers, but they'll use any excuse to blame a shank on. A drone flew by my head in my backswing! yeah right...

http://youtu.be/8KjJzv3rACs

Nice video shows pretty clearly the advantages of the gimbal here though as the aerial footage just doesn't quite fit the other camera shots too well.

That's a great video. I'm planning on doing the same thing for my club. Hopefully I'll post soon if the weather participates.

I have the gimbal and am planning on getting a fpv to fly the doglegs!

Shots I wished I had the gimbal for: looking straight down on putting greens, very cool and in line of fire on driving range...too much fun. What are the chances of getting dinged? I did get great shots but the fisheye was too distracting of balls zinging by,. I found it best to get four friends and follow with a cart. They get used to you after awhile, but other golfers for sure get annoyed. I kept the flights close and short, and that was with permission from the club of course.

Hehe the range shots looked close, im going to do a range video just not sure if I should do it with the average hackers there or get a few pros I trust to hit shots. The advantage of hackers is if I hover in one spot and they aim for it now way are they going to hit it. If they dont aim for it I will be at more risk.

Using pros would make it safer in a way but they would much more likely hit it even if they were told not to. Cant trust some of my friends lol as im sure theyd like to take the thing down.

The tricky thing when filming without a gimbal is that it needs to be pretty much dead calm to get useable shots. Looking at your other videos with a gimbal it shows how much steadier the shots will all be so you can pretty much plan and use any shot. Without a gimbal you just need more footage hooing some of it works better then others but making corrections for wind isnt great with no gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl