Goggles with Phantom 4 Standard?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a question about the DJI goggles (white ones) when used with the standard 2016 Phantom 4.

i know you need to plug the goggles into the controller via USB as they don’t work wirelessly, but it doesn’t seem you can set the RTH height from the goggles.

so this has me wondering, what’s the right way to set this RTH setting? Launch with your tablet plugged in and the correct settings, then swap to plugging in the goggles? Or am I missing something here?

cheers!

Welcome,,yip your correct,,set up in app first,,,,,,
Ps when I used mine I had a seat,,safer than standing with these googles lol
I did like the head tracking which moves cam but didn't really like the headset,,

Welcome,,yip your correct,,set up in app first,,,,,,
Ps when I used mine I had a seat,,safer than standing with these googles lol
I did like the head tracking which moves cam but didn't really like the headset,,

thanks for the reply!

does the drone save the RTH settings the first time they’re configured with Go 4? Or do you need to start flying with the app every time before using goggles?

thanks for the reply!

does the drone save the RTH settings the first time they’re configured with Go 4? Or do you need to start flying with the app every time before using goggles?
RTH settings stay put until you change again.
Mine stay at 100ft unless moving to an area with higher obstructions.

RTH settings stay put until you change again.
Mine stay at 100ft unless moving to an area with higher obstructions.

excellent, thank you!

I ended up buying a GL300E controller (the pro+ controller with the built in screen and Go 4 app). Turns out you can use the controller display and the goggles over USB at the same time. Since the controller also has built in HDMI, you can output over that too if desired.

Ive heard rumors the GL300E will get you better range and signal vs the stock controller as well, but haven’t confirmed that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers