Goggles for Phantom 3

Reaction score
I purchased the Phantom 3 professional and I am using my Apple iPad Air 2. I saw some videos of people using FPV Goggles with their drone and it looks awesome. How difficult would it be to get goggles to work with my drone? Also, what are some things to look for when comparing FPV goggles?

I purchased the Phantom 3 professional and I am using my Apple iPad Air 2. I saw some videos of people using FPV Goggles with there drone and it looks awesome. How difficult would it be to get goggles to work with my drone? Also, what are some things to look for when comparing FPV gogles?
You'd need an output signal to the glasses, which no iDevice has. Your options are to either wait for the HDMI breakout board for the controller or buy an nVidia Shield tablet, which offers HDMI out. At the moment, there are no goggles that offer true HD, so it'd be kind of a waste imo.

You'd need an output signal to the glasses, which no iDevice has. Your options are to either wait for the HDMI breakout board for the controller or buy an nVidia Shield tablet, which offers HDMI out. At the moment, there are no goggles that offer true HD, so it'd be kind of a waste imo.
Thanks. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2014 Edition that has HDMI out port on it. I would then assume that I could potentially use it with goggles. What is the highest def they currently have for goggles that would work? I'm sure HD goggles will no doubt be available before long.

Thanks. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2014 Edition that has HDMI out port on it. I would then assume that I could potentially use it with goggles. What is the highest def they currently have for goggles that would work? I'm sure HD goggles will no doubt be available before long.
http://amzn.com/B0091OI530

What is it like flying with the goggles? Is it strange not being able to look up and see it LOS or is it better being able to see so clearly what your phantom camera is pointing at?

What is it like flying with the goggles? Is it strange not being able to look up and see it LOS or is it better being able to see so clearly what your phantom camera is pointing at?
According to the item description, you can see through the glasses.
I'm more intrigued by why no one ever mentions them in the "goggle discussions" that always pop up.

I absolutely love it. To me it makes it into a completely different experience than just watching a monitor. Granted my screen is Samsung Galaxy S4 which is really small anyways, so the goggles are a vast improvement.

Even more fun than using them myself though is when I have new people to show. For example my 97 year old great grandma had never seen her property from the sky:

View media item 288
According to the item description, you can see through the glasses.
I'm more intrigued by why no one ever mentions them in the "goggle discussions" that always pop up.

I've mentioned them in every goggle discussion thread that I've ever seen.

The reason nobody else mentions them is because as far as I know, I'm the only person on this forum that owns a pair.

It's one guy on eBay who sells them, and evidently he has a very low quantity.

In one of the other threads, 2 or 3 people said they were going to try them out, but I never found out if the ended up buying em.

@NickCopter, are they true HD? Is the lag noticeable?

I don't believe so, but I'm not quite familiar on what "true HD" is.

Here is the resolution posted in his ad:
  • Resolution: Full Colors 1230K 854x480 pixels"
I've never tried any other FPV goggles so unfortunately I don't have anything to compare them to. The lag is hardly noticable, and that's using wireless mirroring from my S4. Joe (the guy who sells em) told me that if you hook into an Nvidia Shield your lag will be zero, or pretty dang close to it.

I'm currently shopping around to find a cheap Shield to test it with.

I don't believe so, but I'm not quite familiar on what "true HD" is.

Here is the resolution posted in his ad:
  • Resolution: Full Colors 1230K 854x480 pixels"
I've never tried any other FPV goggles so unfortunately I don't have anything to compare them to. The lag is hardly noticable, and that's using wireless mirroring from my S4. Joe (the guy who sells em) told me that if you hook into an Nvidia Shield your lag will be zero, or pretty dang close to it.

I'm currently shopping around to find a cheap Shield to test it with.
Oh right, because the glasses have the HDMI in for the wireless receiver. Interesting. Wonder if he'd sell just the glasses?

Oh right, because the glasses have the HDMI in for the wireless receiver. Interesting. Wonder if he'd sell just the glasses?

you mean without the dongle wifi thing? or without the nvidia shield?

if you mean without the tablet, he has a post up with just the stuff needed for the goggles. bidding is at $399 right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281720145852

Also, can you truly see through them if you need LOS?

There is no seeing "through" them. The goggles are solid and don't have any transparency function available. What you can do is see AROUND them.

If you don't use the sun shade, you will have visibility both above and below the goggle screen, so you can see your bird and your tablet/controller.

Personally, I find the seeing AROUND ability to be more annoying than helpful, but if you want to be an AAA rule abiding citizen I guess you can use that fuction.

There is no seeing "through" them. The goggles are solid and don't have any transparency function available. What you can do is see AROUND them.

If you don't use the sun shade, you will have visibility both above and below the goggle screen, so you can see your bird and your tablet/controller.

Personally, I find the seeing AROUND ability to be more annoying than helpful, but if you want to be an AAA rule abiding citizen I guess you can use that fuction.
lol, nah, just curious. imo, what'd be the point of glasses for FPV if you were flying LOS anyway? Anyway thanks for the info, gonna message the dude and see if he'll just sell the glasses.

lol, nah, just curious. imo, what'd be the point of glasses for FPV if you were flying LOS anyway? Anyway thanks for the info, gonna message the dude and see if he'll just sell the glasses.

Best of luck!

His name is Joe, and if you mention you heard it from Nick on the PhantomPilots forums he might be inclined to haggle the price a little or something. Never hurts to try.

Reactions: Jeff and bbfpv
do a search on Epson BT-200 on the this forum or DJI one... Your answers are there! :)

(I used them... $$ Yes... but fantastic!)

Regs Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.