Go4 update

Reaction score
Just flown P4S for first time in few weeks. Got a notification about new Go4 update available. Is it worth doing. Remember see previous post about other updates saying don't bother unless neccessary.!

Is it worth doing
It's worth it if you want the best available version of DJI GO.

DJI doesn't reveal much in their change logs for DJI GO. Most are short and vague. Regardless, I don't think they are taking the time to release new software just to go through the motions. They are most likely releasing changes that are worthwhile having.

Like their other updates, these updates are optional too. So, you don't have to install them if you don't want to for some reason.

DJI doesn't reveal much in their change logs for DJI GO. Most are short and vague. Regardless, I don't think they are taking the time to release new software just to go through the motions. They are most likely releasing changes that are worthwhile having.

Like their other updates, these updates are optional too. So, you don't have to install them if you don't want to for some reason.

I don't want to throw a monkey wrench here, but something needs to be considered. I a, not a lawyer or a legal mind of any type, but one can argue that if a drone crashed and cause injury to someone, that someone's lawyer might find out that the drone was flying with what will be called antiquated firmware, update, or whatever, and that the owner/operator is negligent and therefore responsible for the accident.

The point is that a judge will have to make a decision, and that judge likely will have no clue on how to fly a drone, no clue about anything about a drone, how it works, etc. I am of the opinion that the judge just might rule that the drone's manufacturer offers upgrades in maps, firmware, etc, to make drone flying safer.

I have been flying a P4 for three years now, both I Canada and the USA. Legally. I had to write for a drone operator certificate this spring (Canada) and if I remember right, we have to ensure that we fly with the most up-to-date firmware, software, etc. Not only that, but we are also required to document the upgrades in our maintenance log.

I may be In the left field somewhere, and if I am, I welcome any comments.

Norm

Reactions: makneyse
The point is that a judge will have to make a decision, and that judge likely will have no clue on how to fly a drone, no clue about anything about a drone, how it works, etc. I am of the opinion that the judge just might rule that the drone's manufacturer offers upgrades in maps, firmware, etc, to make drone flying safer.
I'm not a lawyer either, but I agree the judge will likely not be a DJI drone expert. If a true DJI expert is brought in to assist, he/she would know the drone is controlled by the remote controller (and not DJI GO). So, it wouldn't matter which version of DJI GO is installed.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I agree the judge will likely not be a DJI drone expert. If a true DJI expert is brought in to assist, he/she would know the drone is controlled by the remote controller (and not DJI GO). So, it wouldn't matter which version of DJI GO is installed.

I am no lawyer. I am no tekkie. But I know that when I updated the latest firmware, the link was between my IPad and my drone. My controller was bypassed all together. My drone's maps my firmware were updated, not my controller.

So, you are right, the controller controls the drone. But, if the drone is not up to date, well, my last post still stands.

I love these discussions.

Norm

Thanks for that, my Tablet only has 1Gb and someone else pointed out elsewhere that new update really needs 2Gb, so will not update, as never had no problems. Fingers crossed !

Just flown P4S for first time in few weeks. Got a notification about new Go4 update available. Is it worth doing. Remember see previous post about other updates saying don't bother unless neccessary.!

Nope. Legacy Go4 App v4.0.8 is the sweet spot. All the features without all the hitlery.

D

Reactions: Cadbob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20