Go home height..

Reaction score
Okay so I have set my return to home height as hundred metres. Today I had signal loss, failsafe was automatically triggered.. When looking at my records it did not climb to that attitude I set it at.

Scary could have hit something at 30 meters. Is this a glitch

I keep mine at 35meters which is roughly ~115 feet. That's about double the height of the trees in my neighborhood.
Keep in mind, it will be 35 meters above the ground altitude of the home point. If the ground below your drone is 20 meters higher than the ground at the home point, the drone will not compensate for that.
It works like this. If home point MSL is 150meters and you set RTH at 50 meters then it will fly home at 200 meters above MSL. But if you're flying over land that is at 180meters above MSL and has a 21meter tall tree then you would fly into it!

I keep mine at 35meters which is roughly ~115 feet. That's about double the height of the trees in my neighborhood.
Keep in mind, it will be 35 meters above the ground altitude of the home point. If the ground below your drone is 20 meters higher than the ground at the home point, the drone will not compensate for that.
It works like this. If home point MSL is 150meters and you set RTH at 50 meters then it will fly home at 200 meters above MSL. But if you're flying over land that is at 180meters above MSL and has a 21meter tall tree then you would fly into it!
Yeh i completely understand that.. But the point I'm making is why did it not climb to 100 m!?

Yeh i completely understand that.. But the point I'm making is why did it not climb to 100 m!?
Because, apparently the RTH height you set Is not retained through power cycling (don't know if it's the bird or the app). It goes back to the default. To make matters worse the RTH height looks like it's at "0" when you check it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues