Go Home Altitude on P3

T

TYCORP

On my P2V+ it seemed that if the GoHome Failsafe was triggered,
either intentionally or by controller,
it would rise X amount of feet before flying straight home.(regardless of altitude)

with my P3 (r.i.p.) I could only see a "set altitude" option.
this would raise the Phantom to x and come home.

what I noticed is that the default was 30M, if I was flying at 30M and GoHome was triggered it would not gain altitude before flying "home"
I have some tolling hills with tall trees I would like to clear if its ever triggered.
maybe setting to 90M would cover me, but just thought Id ask

what I noticed is that the default was 30M, if I was flying at 30M and GoHome was triggered it would not gain altitude before flying "home"
That is as-designed. When RTH is triggered, your Phantom will climb to the RTH altitude until either it gets to the RTH altitude or you press the throttle. At that point, it'll start returning home. If your Phantom is already at or above the RTH altitude, it'll just start returning home (like you found).

The P2V+ works the same way -- except it doesn't cancel the ascent if you press the throttle.

maybe setting to 90M would cover me, but just thought Id ask
I always set mine to something much higher than the tallest obstacle -- like 50 feet above it. And, I'll course need to adjust that depending on where I'm flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20