GL300E

Reaction score
I have an older Phantom 4 Pro that uses a GL300E Android controller. I have acquired a newer Phantom 4 that I changed the flex ribbon camera cable on but can't link the unit to my RC. DJI wants me to buy a GL300C RC then use my iphone with the DJI Go Pro app. I've tried the standard link button attempt and the C1, C2, record buttons at the same time but no love. Anyway to link a cable thru the HDMI slot...or something?

I have an older Phantom 4 Pro that uses a GL300E Android controller. I have acquired a newer Phantom 4 that I changed the flex ribbon camera cable on but can't link the unit to my RC. DJI wants me to buy a GL300C RC then use my iphone with the DJI Go Pro app. I've tried the standard link button attempt and the C1, C2, record buttons at the same time but no love. Anyway to link a cable thru the HDMI slot...or something?
Saying older P4P and newer P4 is a bit confusing. Assuming that you do not have a V2 model with Ocusync, your 300E should work with a Lightbridge P4.

Have you already adjusted the setting in your app for P4? See this post if you didn't already know.

Also, check this post for an RC compatibility chart that I developed a few years back.

Reactions: JoBe and Jim Canada
Saying older P4P and newer P4 is a bit confusing. Assuming that you do not have a V2 model with Ocusync, your 300E should work with a Lightbridge P4.

Have you already adjusted the setting in your app for P4? See this post if you didn't already know.

Also, check this post for an RC compatibility chart that I developed a few years back.
thank you very much

Reactions: Oso
WM 330A = P4
WM 332A = P4 Advanced
WM 331A = P4 Pro
WM 331S = P4 Pro V2
These are model numbers. I’m not aware of a way to accurately determine which model by way of a serial number.
Thanks for your reply. I'm going by model based on serial numbers because I can't find 'WM ...' stamped anywhere. The serial numbers are inside the battery compartment, 2 lines of 7 alpha/numeric each.

A few clues.
A P4 has a smaller diameter lens than a P4Pro. The P4 camera isn’t as good as a P4Pro.
The landing legs on a P4 are bigger in diameter than the P4Pro.
The P4 Advanced will look the same as a P4Pro without the side sensors.
The P4Pro V2 will have a gold DJI sticker on top center instead of a silver one.

A few clues.
A P4 has a smaller diameter lens than a P4Pro. The P4 camera isn’t as good as a P4Pro.
The landing legs on a P4 are bigger in diameter than the P4Pro.
The P4 Advanced will look the same as a P4Pro without the side sensors.
The P4Pro V2 will have a gold DJI sticker on top center instead of a silver one.
thank you

1614878275750.png
1614878319424.png

The top photo is from a P4Pro or advanced. The bottom is a P4 Standard.

But we should mention that the above picture of the P4Pro/Advanced camera has a filter attached which makes it look that much bigger.

The important part is the writing. DJI on bottom is P4 standard.
DJI on top, with
1: 2.8-11 24mm on bottom is Pro/advanced.
then the Pro has the extra side avoidance sensors that the advanced does not have.

But we should mention that the above picture of the P4Pro/Advanced camera has a filter attached which makes it look that much bigger.
thank you, where could I buy a polarized filter like that on? HG

WM 330A = P4
WM 332A = P4 Advanced
WM 331A = P4 Pro
WM 331S = P4 Pro V2
These are model numbers. I’m not aware of a way to accurately determine which model by way of a serial number.
DJI tech support update:
The serial numbers inside the battery compartment are 2 lines of alpha / numeric characters.
the first 3 digits on the top line indicate the model numbers.
Phantom 4 07D
P4 ADV 0HA
P4 Pro 0AX
P4 Pro V2 11U
I don't know if the 'O' or '0' character is a number or letter.
HFG

Reactions: Jim Canada and Oso
I'm replacing the flex ribbon camera cables on Phantom 4s. There are several stuck screws, particularly in the Yaw motor attachment. Really hard case-hardened screws that can't be drilled out, even dulling titanium drill bits. Any suggestions for removing these pesky screws? HG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic