P4 Firmware GL300E

Reaction score
Hi All,
just upgraded to the latest firmware and have lost maps. The map download button does not do anything when pressed. I have wifi. Seems a lot of people have had this issue and appears I need to go back to a later controller version. I believe I need v 1.3.6.0 Would anyone have a .bin file of it, or know where I can download it? I need to install through the sd card hence the .bin file. DJI support is useless.
cheers Steve

Reactions: Sergio Maria
Hi All,
just upgraded to the latest firmware and have lost maps. The map download button does not do anything when pressed. I have wifi. Seems a lot of people have had this issue and appears I need to go back to a later controller version. I believe I need v 1.3.6.0 Would anyone have a .bin file of it, or know where I can download it? I need to install through the sd card hence the .bin file. DJI support is useless.
cheers Steve
Have you checked on home page 3 black lines ,top right,,press and hold,,sometimes it will give a version
Screenshot_20210216-202857.jpg
Screenshot_20210216-202833.jpg

I just fixed that issue, I have the plus as well and it's a pain. It's not firmware it's the dji go app. Let me know if you still have the issue and I'll help you out

I just looked at a plus screen that I have. The screen is not at all the same as the regular go4app screen. The plus screen model of course is an Android animal and therefore not something that I enjoy. This map issue is not firmware related and downgrading isn’t going to help.

thanks for the replies everyone.

ianzone,As Starz said the GL300E has a different go4 app.
Starz, if firmware won’t help,what will?

Roblo870,
Thanks for your offer to help, this is driving me nuts to get sorted. The Go4 app version is 4.2.6. let me know what you did

steve

Roblo,
The controller version is 01.04.03.00. its after updating to this latest version that the maps don’t work.

Thanks starz
yes wifi is turned on as in my post.
location setting? Do you know where that setting is?

steve

Click on the gear icon on the main screen.(system settings)
Then click on the gear icon again where it says”system settings“
Scroll down to where it says”location”. Click on that and make sure it’s on.
I don’t use this controller often, so I’m fumbling myself!!
This one is for a V2, but basically the same as your E.

Thanks Starz,
there is no location setting in mine. There is ”date and time” which is set correctly for my location.
Maybe this was removed in the latest firmware.
steve

Your app version is older than the one in my controller.
Do you see in the map box in the lower left a cream colored screen with a red or blue dot?

Starz , my app version is the latest version for the plus screen it’s v 4.2.6.
Yes the map box is there, but no map. On the main screen, there is a map download button next to the settings button. That button clicks but does nothing beyond clicking.
DJI support are bad news..... but I think everyone knows that. There WILL be a competitor to rival DJI and I’m afraid they will pay the penalty for all of their bad practices. There is more to selling an expensive product and then forgetting about support. Arrrhh!

Sorry, there is no dot in the map box of any colour.
just a side story, I installed litchi on the controller last night and it shows maps. It uses map box as well. So, the problem seems to be in the go4 app Update.

App version on mine shows 4.3.14
I‘m thinking mine is a more recent version than yours. I’m still not convinced this is firmware related.
Main screen, click on enter device.
You should then have a map box in lower left.
No dot? Then click the “dji” letters in the upper left. Should go back to main screen.
Click on enter device again. Still no dot? Do this a few times and see if a dot shows up.

Roblo870,
Thanks for your offer to help, this is driving me nuts to get sorted. The Go4 app version is 4.2.6. let me know what you did

steve
Ah yes ofcourse,,sorry I should know aswell since I replyed to similar home screen picture last week,,I guess me brain is failing me,,,I go sit in the corner

Roblo870,

steve
Ok the the one I had and its the problem..so, how can I give you the version I was given which is 4.3.14...im not too good with files, etc. Lol I got it on my he and an sd card...so what's the easiest way to get it to you

I had that exact problem, and it's weird cuz it's like the maps icon on the screen before the camera view doesn't exist haha but it does, and then in the app maps are blank dji support gave this version to someone who then gave it to me and it's worked for like 10 of us so I'm sure it will work for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.