GL300C controller for Phantom 3 Pro "dead"

Reaction score
Almost new GL300C controller "dead". Will turn on with charger attached if hold <C1> + <Shutter> + <Power>. Starts up with left two white led's on and third blinking. It then sequences left three led's. If push <Power> at this point green status led comes on. If push <Power> again all four led's flash together four times. If press <C1> + <Shutter> + <Power> without charger attached left two led's come on and third flashes five times then off. Help please.

Just the quick start guide that came with it. Downloaded guide and read over controller info but found nothing matching.

Last edited:
Can find nothing in owner's manual about problems my controller has. I just need to know of a fix or do I call DJI or do I just pack it up to them. Thank you.

Almost new GL300C controller "dead". Will turn on with charger attached if hold <C1> + <Shutter> + <Power>. Starts up with left two white led's on and third blinking. It then sequences left three led's. If push <Power> at this point green status led comes on. If push <Power> again all four led's flash together four times. If press <C1> + <Shutter> + <Power> without charger attached left two led's come on and third flashes five times then off. Help please.

Why are you doing all these steps? Are these steps listed somewhere or you are trying various combinations?

I don't think anyone tried diagnosing the RC board (or at least noone published the findings).

To start diagnosing, you'd have to tap to serial interfaces on the board, and find the one with console to NXP micro-controller, which controls the whole device.

Not much info about it on the usual wiki:
GL300 Main board · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

EDIT: The wiki does mention that there is a chip for power estimation - CW2015CWAD. If providing external power makes the thing work, the issue may be related to that chip.

Yes, as the controller will not start up at all without the 3 key combination I am just writing down what happens with use of power button and charger. No schematic, no board-level troubleshooting. Yes, I read page 23. It will not turn on normally so not much matters after past power it up. I'm just hoping someone has had a similar experience after trying to do firmware update. I bought it used but it looks like it was never used. Antennas still wrapped in plastic they came in. Thank you for your responses.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl