GL300A work on a Phantom 4

Reaction score
I just crashed my beloved P3A, and now looking for a replacement. It’s almost winter here and I don’t want to buy new until spring. I know a guy who has a regular P4, but the controller needs replaced. My question; will my Phantom 3 Remote work on the regular P4? If so I hope to use it for the rest of this year, then purchase new next year (P5?). It would make this my back up unit. For it all to make sense, I need to know if my controller would work ....It’s a GL300A
Thanks
Adam

I just crashed my beloved P3A, and now looking for a replacement. It’s almost winter here and I don’t want to buy new until spring. I know a guy who has a regular P4, but the controller needs replaced. My question; will my Phantom 3 Remote work on the regular P4? If so I hope to use it for the rest of this year, then purchase new next year (P5?). It would make this my back up unit. For it all to make sense, I need to know if my controller would work ....It’s a GL300A
Thanks
Adam
I have used the GL300 A and B with a Phantom 4 (STD). You may need to update the firmware. but you will find ( at least I did) better reception with the GL300A. With the GL300C about 18k my video would start blocking.
Good Luck
Phxbird

Is anybody still using a GL300A with a Phantom 4? I had problems with my GL300C and read on a forum that the GL300A would work and had a better signal output. I bought a GL300A on EBay but cannot get it to link with my Phantom 4,

Is anybody still using a GL300A with a Phantom 4? I had problems with my GL300C and read on a forum that the GL300A would work and had a better signal output. I bought a GL300A on EBay but cannot get it to link with my Phantom 4,
The 300A RC works with the standard P4. Perhaps yours is a P4P or P4A?

Reactions: JoBe
The 300A RC works with the standard P4. Perhaps yours is a P4P or P4A?

Thanks, I wish it was that easy. I have two P4s that I have had over 2 years, a Mavic, a Mavic Mini, and a Mavic Enterprise Dual. I tried linking both of my P4s. When I open DJI Go4 and turn on the P4, I get the following message popping up - "The current device cannot use DJI Go4, please check the relevant manual and download the correct App to use

When I open DJI Go, the linking process works, I get a message that linking is complete, then I get a message to open DJI Go4 to use the device.

When I turn on the controller and the P4, the light to the 4 light battery meter on the controller quickly alternates between green and read for about 5 seconds before staying red.

When I open DJI Go4, I get the message that the device cannot use Go4. Not sure if I need to try to roll back one of the updates, or do an update. I am hoping to hear from someone who is flying a standard P4 with a GL300A.

Okay, had another go at it, upgraded firmware on controller and was able to successfully link to the P4 in Go4 and went for a brief flight. All is good. I guess the lesson is that if you cannot get a GL300A to link to a P4, try updating the controller firmware.

Reactions: phxbird57

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94