GL300A vs GL300B for P3 Pro Controller Replacement?

Reaction score
I need to replace the GL300B controller that came with my P3 Pro. I can get a decent used GL300A or GL300B.

I could just do a like replacement and get a GL300B, but as I understand it the GL300A and GL300C will also work with the P3 Pro, true?

If I understand correctly the GL300A has on-board video processing, while the GL300B does not so the phone/tablet needs to take that on. My phone got a little slammed when used with my prior GL300B, would the GL300A actually help that? Any other downside to the GL300A?

I've read the GL300C has reduced range from the GL300A and GL300B, is that true, or should I also be considering a GL300C?

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: thegeekunderground
I need to replace the GL300B controller that came with my P3 Pro. I can get a decent used GL300A or GL300B.

I could just do a like replacement and get a GL300B, but as I understand it the GL300A and GL300C will also work with the P3 Pro, true?

If I understand correctly the GL300A has on-board video processing, while the GL300B does not so the phone/tablet needs to take that on. My phone got a little slammed when used with my prior GL300B, would the GL300A actually help that? Any other downside to the GL300A?

I've read the GL300C has reduced range from the GL300A and GL300B, is that true, or should I also be considering a GL300C?

Many thanks in advance!
I own a P3P along with the GL300C. It works just fine. A few people advised me during my search to consider a used P3P if it included the GL300A. I don't know about the video processing, but it did have more power than the B or C.

as I understand it the GL300A and GL300C will also work with the P3 Pro, true?
Yes, this is true as long as the 300C is not Ver.B.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.
One thing I mention to people when they ask this question is that the RC battery is difficult to find, so perhaps take into consideration the age of the 300A when shopping for a new RC. Just something to use as a data point for your decision.

The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the 300C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The video transmitter for downlink is in the AC, and the power for that has been reduced with each new version of the Phantom. First reduced by 18% in relation to the original and then later by 30% in relation to the original. Check out this post for more detail about the power output of the RC and AC versions.

FYI - Here is a Controller Compatibility Chart that I first put together in April 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: quaddamage
@Oso thank you so much for all that great info!

I guess I'm leaning towards another GL300B. The potential difficulties getting a battery for the GL300A makes a difference. As well as USB 3.0. Maybe if I can find a GL300A for a significantly lower price, but they seem about the same as GL300Bs right now.

I have the HDMI add-on board for my current (dead) GL300B. As you mention in one of the linked posts, maybe that has the DaVinci processor for HDMI. While it would help if I'm flying FPV with my goggles, my phone would probably still get slammed via the USB. Probably time for a newer phone anyway for other reasons, too.

Seems like no real reason to go with a GL300C, since it has lower TX power, as well as the potential for getting a version B. They seem a bit more expensive as well.

When I crashed my Phantom, I replaced the gimbal assembly with the Pro version (it was an advanced before). Where do I find the corresponding W323/W323A/W323B number? Kind of a moot point because I'm not going to replace that again, just curious what I ended up with.

Thanks again!

Yes, this is true as long as the 300C is not Ver.B.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.
One thing I mention to people when they ask this question is that the RC battery is difficult to find, so perhaps take into consideration the age of the 300A when shopping for a new RC. Just something to use as a data point for your decision.

The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the 300C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The video transmitter for downlink is in the AC, and the power for that has been reduced with each new version of the Phantom. First reduced by 18% in relation to the original and then later by 30% in relation to the original. Check out this post for more detail about the power output of the RC and AC versions.

Reactions: Oso
I had an "A" and sent it in for warranty repair. They sent me a "B" back and honestly I didn't see or notice any difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4