Gimbel only connected at two points?

Reaction score
Hi, I just received my Phantom 3 4K and have a quick question. I noticed the camera gimbal is only connected at two of the four points (the bumpers are all there, just not the plastic spears). In the accessories pack, there are two more bumpers and two more spears. Are they just replacements? Should it just be a two point connection?

Two points are enough. They're difficult to remove without breaking them, hence the spares. You can also use zipties.

They are just replacements. I like to loosely attach thin, plastic zip ties in the other two points. That'll prevent the gimbal from completely releasing from the Phantom if I ever have a major crash.

Hi, I just received my Phantom 3 4K and have a quick question. I noticed the camera gimbal is only connected at two of the four points (the bumpers are all there, just not the plastic spears). In the accessories pack, there are two more bumpers and two more spears. Are they just replacements? Should it just be a two point connection?
Here's what the manual says about that:
i-ZDTpGVL-L.jpg

If the crash is hard enough to break two pins, the gimbal still being attached won't matter.
I guess it depends where you crash (e.g. in a tall tree, near the side of a mountain). Ether way, I'd prefer my Phantom to be in as few pieces as possible when I go to collect it.

If the crash is hard enough to break two pins, the gimbal still being attached won't matter.
It matter in terms of how much money you can recoup. The difference is hundreds of dollars.

When i crashed my P2V+ at 60 MPH, i was able to sell the parts off on eBay and got a total of $500+ toward my P3P.

Or I could have had $0 toward that new P3P.

Your choice.

Any landing is a good one if you can bring back all the pieces...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi Jimmy Fish, Interesting point you bring up, I agree Two spears is probably enough but I have put Two extra on mine and I believe
it is better balanced when there is movement so all 4 connections are equal.
I can not afford to loose a $700 camera for the sake of Two extra spears and they are cheap enough.
I also note that the Yuneec Typhoon 4K has NO supports so I have used Zip Ties as suggested here.
I believe it's better to be sure.
Cheers

Use zip ties on all 4. The pin is only there to prevent camera from dropping with any amount of momentum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl