Gimbal wire part 97

Reaction score
7F95F4E3-8E4D-4A85-BCBF-021370216B3B.jpeg
2F2E4E06-B671-4A33-A225-DB6FA3A4F590.jpeg
7F95F4E3-8E4D-4A85-BCBF-021370216B3B.jpeg
8E7BD420-E24E-4E6C-B009-C1F16B565B0D.jpeg
So i crashed drone and grey wire broke into nice two working pieces, the head side where golden attacher is works(it can attach to the gimbal). Is it possible to weld this wire?

I’d very strongly recommend you replace the antenna wire ... do not try to repair it. If it were me, I’d replace the black antenna wire also as a precaution. Double check the ribbon wire as well with a magnifying glass to check its integrity. Sometimes they can have a fracture after a crash. They are relatively easy to replace. Good luck.

I’d very strongly recommend you replace the antenna wire ... do not try to repair it. If it were me, I’d replace the black antenna wire also as a precaution. Double check the ribbon wire as well with a magnifying glass to check its integrity. Sometimes they can have a fracture after a crash. They are relatively easy to replace. Good luck.

Yeah i already tried and i am sure that all other part works cause i flyed it several times(before knowing it could burn drone) flied perfectly and video transmission and recording was perfect too. Because of i live in kazakhstan i was unable to find part 97 here or aliexpress only in amazon and ebay which doesnt send to kazakhstan. And so my only choice is to repair by myself :(

The problem you have is that it isn’t an ordinary wire. Imagine a TV coax cable... now miniaturise it ... that is your antenna wire. Good luck.

Yes it is a coaxial cable. Nearly impossible to repair. The part cost about $18 us. Have to remove the cover to do the replacement. It's not difficult to replace. I wish you luck in finding the parts.

Sounds like the good news is that it still works? There are two antenna wires, gray and black, but they both do the same thing, so if you still have the black wire intact, and the ribbon cable intact, then you should be able to fly. the FPV should work, although not quite as well in some cases. I have run with just one of these antennas connected, so I know it can be done. It didn't really affect anything I could see.
That way, at least you could fly until you can get a replacement.

Yes bro everything works fine but you shouldnt fly it cause i dont know exactly but i read its calld RX Cable and if you fly it unconnected then electiricity coming to it will burn your drone something like that. So dont fly without repairing.

And heres the question it works just fine with one antenna, so when we replace second antenna how we would know if its working?

Yes it is a coaxial cable. Nearly impossible to repair. The part cost about $18 us. Have to remove the cover to do the replacement. It's not difficult to replace. I wish you luck in finding the parts.

And if i cant repair and ever find parts i am thinking about placing it outside of drone instead of opening inside.

Yes bro everything works fine but you shouldnt fly it cause i dont know exactly but i read its calld RX Cable and if you fly it unconnected then electiricity coming to it will burn your drone something like that. So dont fly without repairing.

And heres the question it works just fine with one antenna, so when we replace second antenna how we would know if its working?

I can’t swear to it, but I’m thinking it won’t burn your drone. If you don’t have either antenna connected, it might cause some damage, but I would think one antenna is enough. I must insert the disclaimer here that, you try this at your own risk.
Just the fact that you have already flown it several times like this tells me it will work. I think that if it was going to burn your drone, it would have done immediately when you flew it before.

I can’t swear to it, but I’m thinking it won’t burn your drone. If you don’t have either antenna connected, it might cause some damage, but I would think one antenna is enough. I must insert the disclaimer here that, you try this at your own risk.
Just the fact that you have already flown it several times like this tells me it will work. I think that if it was going to burn your drone, it would have done immediately when you flew it before.

So now i am wondering when i repair it how am i going to know if its working or not? I cannot know by flying it high or something else. There must something software related like diagnostics telling that all gimbal wires are connected or not?

Looking for part 97 P3s. I heard it was discontinued. Dominion Drones were paid and said they had the part. After a month of waiting they now say they do not have it and offered me a refund. I guess they never thought to call me to let me know.

Anyone thoughts on where to find part 97?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo