Gimbal wheel control altitude?

bjp

Reaction score
I imagine this is probably impossible, but I thought I'd ask any way. I usually fly my Phantom at a fixed altitude adjusting it's cyclic position, and yaw & gimbal pitch to keep the subject in the frame. It would be super cool if I could swap the left stick up/down with the gimbal wheel so the left stick would control the camera (yaw & gimbal pitch) while the gimbal wheel would take over altitude control. Is there any way to do this? Has this remap feature already been requested?

Reactions: Skypicswa
That's a neat idea, but it's not possible.

Too bad. Oh well, still a great product. Is there a feature suggestion place where DJI might actually see it?

Try the DJI forum. That forum is very active. If others like your suggestion, it'll generate some buzz there and DJI will probably see it.

Last edited:
Not exactly what you were wanting, but did you know that you can move the gimbal up and down by sliding your finger up and down on the screen of your mobile device? Maybe that would help you a bit with what you want to do.

Reactions: JoBe
..and what's the blue circle with the green dot in the middle do for you? and the Yellow box with an x in the corner?
Not exactly what you were wanting, but did you know that you can move the gimbal up and down by sliding your finger up and down on the screen of your mobile device? Maybe that would help you a bit with what you want to do.

msinger, thanks, will do.

Oso, I want my right finger to control aircraft positioning in the horizontal plane and my left finger to control camera pointing (orientation). Standard mode 2 already matches 3 of the 4 axes for that setup -- the right stick is entirely correct and the yaw is correct on the left stick. The only thing that remains is assigning up/down of the left stick to gimbal pitch rather than aircraft altitude. Tablet control wouldn't be my first choice as that would obscure my view of the FPV feed, but I don't think that would work in any case because I don't think that sliding my finger left and right on the screen causes the aircraft to yaw. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Darmie, I'm not sure what you're referring to. If I tap on the tablet screen, I get a focus priority yellow "box" with an x in the corner -- is that what you mean by the second part?

Yes, I was referring to the yellow box. Did find out from here that it works to help with lighting on the camera.

msinger, thanks, will do.

Darmie, I'm not sure what you're referring to. If I tap on the tablet screen, I get a focus priority yellow "box" with an x in the corner -- is that what you mean by the second part?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl