Gimbal Troubleshooting

Reaction score
I crashed the Pro 3 a couple times in the past week. The camera seemed to lean to the right and was making a horrible noise. If you looked at the motor it was definitely loose like it came off the shaft.

I took the cover off the motor housing, Nothing to see, nothing loose. I put it back together and now it goes bananas. Jitters, does flips. Crazy.

I have attached a pic of the gap on the motor. And a link to a video of the crazy movements. Though the one time I go to record, its not as bad.

So... Im thinkin that for sure the motor needs replaced, and that when I was taking it apart, I fubar the cable somehow. What you think?

Any input is greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-172222_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312-172222_Gallery.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 107
The fix for the issue is a fairly simple one. It’s to much typing for me to explain the repair process, so I suggest going on to YouTube and watching one of the many videos that detail the process.

Reactions: PhatMatt and Oso
The fix for the issue is a fairly simple one. It’s to much typing for me to explain the repair process, so I suggest going on to YouTube and watching one of the many videos that detail the process.
I got it fixed as far as it going crazy. Still making that crazy grinding noise when it adjusts. googling that now

Last edited:
Im excited that you believe its fairly simple. Im gonna go search again. I guess im just not using the correct keywords?

I find stuff about calibrating the IMU mostly. That didnt help.
I’ve repaired lots of them, so I know a lot about them. 99.9% of what I know, I learned here on phantompilots ?. Look for,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve repaired lots of them, so I know a lot about them. 99.9% of what I know, I learned here on phantompilots ?. Look for,
LOL thanks yes that was the video that I found and ended up following to fix. After that one, I went to another because the grinding noise didnt go away. The noise was this video
Hard to believe that a set screw was the cause, but it was.

At the end of the day, re-align and a drop of epoxy on the gimbal shaft, and tighten the set screw. Done! Test flight was great. Seems a little jittery-ier than I remember. Outside that, wonderful.

Thank you very much sir.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers