Gimbal Troubleshooting

Reaction score
I crashed the Pro 3 a couple times in the past week. The camera seemed to lean to the right and was making a horrible noise. If you looked at the motor it was definitely loose like it came off the shaft.

I took the cover off the motor housing, Nothing to see, nothing loose. I put it back together and now it goes bananas. Jitters, does flips. Crazy.

I have attached a pic of the gap on the motor. And a link to a video of the crazy movements. Though the one time I go to record, its not as bad.

So... Im thinkin that for sure the motor needs replaced, and that when I was taking it apart, I fubar the cable somehow. What you think?

Any input is greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-172222_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312-172222_Gallery.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 108
The fix for the issue is a fairly simple one. It’s to much typing for me to explain the repair process, so I suggest going on to YouTube and watching one of the many videos that detail the process.

Reactions: PhatMatt and Oso
The fix for the issue is a fairly simple one. It’s to much typing for me to explain the repair process, so I suggest going on to YouTube and watching one of the many videos that detail the process.
I got it fixed as far as it going crazy. Still making that crazy grinding noise when it adjusts. googling that now

Last edited:
Im excited that you believe its fairly simple. Im gonna go search again. I guess im just not using the correct keywords?

I find stuff about calibrating the IMU mostly. That didnt help.
I’ve repaired lots of them, so I know a lot about them. 99.9% of what I know, I learned here on phantompilots ?. Look for,

I’ve repaired lots of them, so I know a lot about them. 99.9% of what I know, I learned here on phantompilots ?. Look for,
LOL thanks yes that was the video that I found and ended up following to fix. After that one, I went to another because the grinding noise didnt go away. The noise was this video
Hard to believe that a set screw was the cause, but it was.

At the end of the day, re-align and a drop of epoxy on the gimbal shaft, and tighten the set screw. Done! Test flight was great. Seems a little jittery-ier than I remember. Outside that, wonderful.

Thank you very much sir.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl