Gimbal squeak and gimbal roll problem again

Reaction score
Hello, just got my 2nd factory new P4 (as a replacement for the first one) with exactly the same issues:

1.) the gimbal makes a short squeaking sound on bootup of the copter

2.) when the gimbal roll is adjusted manually by the DJI Go app, I make a SINGLE tap on the + and - buttons of the gimbal roll adjustment in the app, but the gimbal "jumps" in TWO delayed steps even if I only click ONCE on one of the + and - buttons.....weird, because I just can't get gimbal roll adjusted with a few fast clicks, I adjust it and then it "jumps"/moves again !

Do you also experience these two issues with your P4 and what's the solution ?

DJI service Europe told me that the dual gimbal adjustment "jumps" are a hardware issue and the copter should be replaced. Now I have the second factory new P4 and it's all the same like with the first one (gimbal squeaks and gimbal roll adjustment "dual jump" issues). Maybe all is just a firmware issue and not hardware related ? Should I get get the copter replaced a third time or wait for new firmware ?

Thanks for your help....

Did you read the post about some of the screws are just loose. Seems they have a bad run of torque settings on the gimbal finishing install/finishing line.

Dji ph4 Gimbal Screaming issue !!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, this is about the noise, but could theoretically be the case I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

the gimbal makes a short squeaking sound on bootup of the copter
When my camera points at a steep upward angle, it sometimes rubs against the ribbon cable -- which makes a squeaking sound. Perhaps yours is doing the same thing.

No...the gimbal doesn't touch the ribbon cable but I'll try to fasten the screws...hope that helps.

What about the problem with the gimbal roll adjustment (roll jumps TWICE by ONE roll adjustment click). Could someone please check this issue with the P4 ? I would like to know, if this is a general P4 problem or an issue with my P4 only.

Thanks for your help !

Mine does the same. For a little squeak I am not bothering to swap it. It seems to operate as normal

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl