Gimbal rolling gently during my flight

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm new to this forum, I hoping someone can help me with some questions.

The main problem is that my camera doesnt stay level. It rolls about 5 degrees slowly from side to side. It seems worse when I'm orbiting around an object while filming but not 100% sure. I have turned my compass on the leg slighty to get rid of toilet bowl motion while hovering.

Some other things I notice, when I push the stick forward the Phantom goes a little left and downward at the same time and when I pull back the Phantom goes a little right and upward at the same time.

Recently I have had it happen about 3 or 4 times now where at about 30% battery the Phantom starts a slow decent, almost like an auto landing and the throttle wont make it lift but I can still control the fwd/back and side motion.

I have updated the firmware, checked the IMU status and it says no calibration needed. Calibrated the RC remote and re-calibrated the compass.

Thanks
Jase

You didn't say, is this a new plane or used. Has it ever been crashed. Details need to be able to try and help.

You didn't say, is this a new plane or used. Has it ever been crashed. Details need to be able to try and help.
Hi sorry for late reply. Its not new but it has not crashed. The big thing for me is the rolling of the gimbal which makes the video look ugly. The other stuff I mentioned was just to help guys if there is a common problem that they might spot the cause. I can live with the other stuff though.

What could cause the gimbl to roll slowly or drift side to side off its level postion?

Thanks Jase

My Previous P3P gimbal would drift slowly left ( or was it right?)
Min had a few tumbles and after calibrations it did the same thing.
it ended up in a lake.

Got my replacement yesterday.

Same issue.

I really think it started after the last firmware update..
(not the last firmware update a few days ago, but the previous one)
vague but i can't find the versions.

Don't know if that helps but when its level or it the sky,
the gimbal and camea will start to drift.
i thought it was the phantom spinning slowly in the air but when testing
on a bench i could see it start to move by itself slowly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers