Gimbal Ribbon Replacement Didn't Work For Me

Reaction score
My Phantom Standard 3 flies perfectly well and the camera worked fine. The only problem was the camera wouldn't do the "start up dance" when I started up the unit. I would have to nudge the camera once or twice and then it would fire up and work pretty well, although it would spaz out on occasion which was only a problem if I was in the middle of shooting video. Anyway, I decided to order a new gimbal ribbon and replace that. I am not a repairman kind of guy by any stretch and I was a little concerned with how difficult it seemed to be when inserting the four copper-tipped ends into their respective slots. After reassembling the gimbal the camera was not responsive AT ALL. I'm pretty sure I probably screwed up the ribbon by handling it improperly....I don't know. My question is....is it possible to send just the camera/gimbal in to have it assessed or do I need to send the entire unit. Any suggestions on reliable repair facilities? Thanks!

Last edited:
My Phantom Standard 3 flies perfectly well and the camera worked fine. The only problem was the camera wouldn't do the "start up dance" when I started up the unit. I would have to nudge the camera once or twice and then it would fire up and work pretty well, although it would spaz out on occasion which was only a problem if I was in the middle of shooting video. Anyway, I decided to order a new gimbal ribbon and replace that. I am not a repairman kind of guy by any stretch and I was a little concerned with how difficult it seemed to be when inserting the four copper-tipped ends into their respective slots. After reassembling the gimbal the camera was not responsive AT ALL. I'm pretty sure I probably screwed up the ribbon by handling it improperly....I don't know. My question is....is it possible to send just the camera/gimbal in to have it assessed or do I need to send the entire unit. Any suggestions on reliable repair facilities? Thanks!
Well probly could find a repairer in your area to do again if unsure,,,did you use a dji ribbon set or cheap knock off (hard to tell unless brought from authorized dealer) some don't match up to female ends properly when inserted,,lots have this issue in past and present ,check the ends all clipped in nice and secure

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl