Gimbal question

Reaction score
Can you rotate Gimbal left/right?
I see I can tilt the gimbal down - can you tilt it up beyond level?
What would you use the SD card for in the controller if the pics/videos are stored in the drone card thats inserted in the craft?

Hope these are not to dumb of questions....

Can you rotate Gimbal left/right?
No, it only yaws a few degrees and it is not manually controlable. BTW...have you read the full complete manual? Not the one in the box. It is useless.

Reactions: White Shadow
Reactions: White Shadow
Did I miss the part about which drone you have? It does depend. You cannot rotate (yaw) the gimbal/camera on the Phantom or Mavic series but you can on the Inspire.

If you do have a Phantom then yes you can rotate (pitch) the camera vertically, slightly above horizontal but you need to set that in the settings. Otherwise it stops at horizontal by default. Be aware that above horizontal though, you will have an even better chance of catching the props in your frame. Gimbal Settings > Advanced > Enable Upwards Gimbal Tilt

Reactions: 3rdof5
Did I miss the part about which drone you have? It does depend. You cannot rotate (yaw) the gimbal/camera on the Phantom or Mavic series but you can on the Inspire.

If you do have a Phantom then yes you can rotate (pitch) the camera vertically, slightly above horizontal but you need to set that in the settings. Otherwise it stops at horizontal by default. Be aware that above horizontal though, you will have an even better chance of catching the props in your frame. Gimbal Settings > Advanced > Enable Upwards Gimbal Tilt
Wow, well that's something I did NOT know. I always assumed gimbal pitch could not go above horizontal manually. I'm definitely gonna try that!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl