Gimbal Question,

Reaction score
Ok, about a month ago, I had my first crash, my fault trying to fly when it was to windy. Wasn't thinking and went sideways into a tree, then bounced into the lake. Crazy as it sounds, it was able to fly out of the water after being completely submerged but then flew back into the same tree. It was still trying to fly, but I was able to shut it down. The only physical damages were broken props and the fact the it was completely water logged.

I have a warranty but not through DJI so after about a week of drying , it won't turn on, so filed a claim and sent it in to repair.

Well after being lied to and lied to about fixing water damage, they refused to fix it and sent it back to me. Well I got it back after a month and thought what the hell, put another battery and try to turn it on. Well I'll be ****, it turned on. Everything seem to work, but one thing, the gimbal. When I booted it up the first time, it did gimbal move up and down and into the ready place like it was working, thinking this is promising. Unfortunately though, the gimbal would not accept any commands from the controller. I'm able to record video and take pictures but no movement on the gimbal. So I then started to tested everything else and to my surprise, it flys, well just flew a few but works fine with no errors on the go4 app. So the only damage is the gimbal not accepting movement commands.

Is there anything can be done without having to get another replacement gimbal?

First things first.. :) Before to go and replace the gimbal, did you already try to calibrate it? May be you are as lucky as your first attempt to replace the battery and also the gimbal is fine ;)

First things first.. :) Before to go and replace the gimbal, did you already try to calibrate it? May be you are as lucky as your first attempt to replace the battery and also the gimbal is fine ;)
Hmm, did not try that, I will differently try that once I get home from work. Thanks

Check connect ends of cables, we found some corrosion on one that cleaned up with gentle brushing and worked after.

Well, tried to calibrate but wouldn"t do anything. No errors just wouldn't move at all. Thanks anyway. Next step is check all the cables.

Check your flat ribbon gimbal cable, looking for pinches or breaks.
We had one with a partial cut/break, 2 of the 8 wires in the cable, were cut.
Replaced the flat flex cable and everything now works.
Good luck.

F-stop labs. Has the cable in stock and has a good reputation.
We got ours out of China, took time, the Adhesive is not the best, F-stop uses 3M.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing people saying about the cable. Looking into getting one ordered today. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl