Gimbal protectors

Reaction score
Are there any "Gimbal Protectors" available that do not interfere with the bottom sensors ?
Seems these gimbals are the most fragile of any I have ever had.
The vertical arm is ridiculously fragile, and very susceptible to BENDING.
I saw a guard that went over that arm, but I can not find it now.
It would be ideal to protect the camera and the gimbal.

Are there any "Gimbal Protectors" available that do not interfere with the bottom sensors ?
Seems these gimbals are the most fragile of any I have ever had.
The vertical arm is ridiculously fragile, and very susceptible to BENDING.
I saw a guard that went over that arm, but I can not find it now.
It would be ideal to protect the camera and the gimbal.
I got this one, in white actually from Polar Pro and I love it.

DJI_Phantom_4_Gimbal_Lock_Phantom_4_Lens_Cover_1024x1024.png

It's awesome.

DJI Phantom 4 Gimbal Lock / Lens Cover

The picture above is a lens protector/gimbal lock for storage and transport. For flight, Polar Pro claims there gimbal guard will not interfere with the Sensors, if installed properly.

Note: DJI claims that they can analyze data after a crash and determine if a gimbal guard was present. If they find out you used one, and it crashed, they will deny warranty coverage.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think it is advised to keep the Gimbal protector on when operating the drone...I have received overheating messages on the transmitter when i did.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think it is advised to keep the Gimbal protector on when operating the drone...I have received overheating messages on the transmitter when i did.
You are corrected. That gimbal guard is meant to keep on during flight.
I just wonder if it interferes with the bottom sensors, which sees the ground.

Last edited:
Not understanding RetSarge reply. The PolarPro gimbal LOCK is to be removed before flight. The PolarPro, and any other gimbal GUARD that attaches to the legs (NOT the DJI gimbal guard that attaches to legs AND camera), are designed to stay on the aircraft during flight.

RetSarge, if you tried flying your aircraft with the DJI gimbal guard that came from the factory, for use ONLY during storage and transport, then you will screw up the gimbal, and get all kinds of error messages. Hope you didn't do that....

I f you read my post....it clearly states that I received an over-heating message on my drone when it was in my home while i was making some configuration adjustments. I have never nor will i ever operate with the gimbal protector on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31