Gimbal Problems

Reaction score
I have some questions for people who have replaced the ribbon cable on the PV2+ gimbal and I couldn't find answers searching the forum.

Here is the situation: I bought a crashed PV2+ and the gimbal doesn't work. When powered on the it twitches a little bit, but doesn't complete the initialization. There is a solid green light on the front of it and a flashing red light on the bottom. When I attach it to the computer the Zen IMU shows that it has the latest FW (1.06? it would have to look again), but it also reports the HW ID is -1. I tried flashing the fw again and it took a couple of tries but it did complete successfully. The ribbon cable looks a little beat up and I believe that it could be bad. Also I don't have a controller for the PV2+ at the moment. I have checked the cables coming down from the wifi module to the gimbal and they seemed to be plugged in.

So my main question is, does this sound like something that could be caused by a bad ribbon cable? I saw some mention of the forum that a solid red light means a bad control board, but no mention of a flashing red light.

Is there some FW to flash directly to the gimbal using the usb port on it? Also, should the the DJI assistant software show something more than just "Zen IMU" for the gimbal? I saw a screen shot from somebody else that looked like it also showed the camera FW, but it also looked like that was a different gimbal than mine.

Should the gimbal even initialize at all with out a transmitter bound to the PV2+?

Thanks,
Dylan

I have some questions for people who have replaced the ribbon cable on the PV2+ gimbal and I couldn't find answers searching the forum.

Here is the situation: I bought a crashed PV2+ and the gimbal doesn't work. When powered on the it twitches a little bit, but doesn't complete the initialization. There is a solid green light on the front of it and a flashing red light on the bottom. When I attach it to the computer the Zen IMU shows that it has the latest FW (1.06? it would have to look again), but it also reports the HW ID is -1. I tried flashing the fw again and it took a couple of tries but it did complete successfully. The ribbon cable looks a little beat up and I believe that it could be bad. Also I don't have a controller for the PV2+ at the moment. I have checked the cables coming down from the wifi module to the gimbal and they seemed to be plugged in.

So my main question is, does this sound like something that could be caused by a bad ribbon cable? I saw some mention of the forum that a solid red light means a bad control board, but no mention of a flashing red light.

Is there some FW to flash directly to the gimbal using the usb port on it? Also, should the the DJI assistant software show something more than just "Zen IMU" for the gimbal? I saw a screen shot from somebody else that looked like it also showed the camera FW, but it also looked like that was a different gimbal than mine.

Should the gimbal even initialize at all with out a transmitter bound to the PV2+?

Thanks,
Dylan

Yes the camera will initialise
Yes it’s a failed top board,’pretty common after a crash
You could try changing the cable

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20