Gimbal problems... any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Got a P3S at start of the month for my son. On our first attempt at flight, it lifted about 3-4 feet up, flipped, and hit the dirt. By all I could tell, the only damage was that the tips of the props got a light "sanding" and the gimbal separated at one of the motors, so the camera and bottom piece of the gimbal were only connected by the black ribbon. I thought we'd busted the gimbal completely, but when I tried to put it back together, the magnets held it. Since then, we've successfully flown it a bunch of times. The camera was slightly off horizontally, but I was able to adjust it using the GO app. I include all of that as I suspect it is related to a problem that started today....

After driving a few hours with it, we took the P3S out of its hard case (backpack style, designed for the P3), and the gimbal had separated again at the same spot. I put it back together the same way as before, but now, when the P3S powers up, the gimbal just freaks out, with all of the different parts moving rapidly back and forth against their stops. After a bit, it stops, but the camera is held at a bizarre angle, and is non-responsive. I've tried searching the forum, but can't find anything that seems to address this issue.

Anyone have any insights or suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, it would be the same, however.....
If you happened to reassemble the parts out of correct alignment, the same thing will happen.
When I replaced my ribbon cable, I accidentally reassembled the camera (pitch) motor with eh shaft 180° off from where it should have been, and my gimbal acted just like you described.
From your description, I am guessing that you're working with the roll motor here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik