Gimbal problem when shooting straight down?

Zzz

Reaction score
When shooting straight down while hovering in place my gimbal seems to ever so slightly keep adjusting for something, resulting in a slightly jerky footage that pretty much ruins the shot. I wouldn't mind (as much) the drone slightly swaying around in the air if the movement was fluid, but this camera jerkines as slight as it might be looks horrible. I don't really notice this when the camera is at an angle...

Reactions: Dadah
I spent a whole afternoon with my P3S sitting on the coffee table while I calibrated the gimble. Then I didn't like it cocked to one side so I read the manual adjusted the camera settings and recalibrated. This probably won't take care of your issue but my point is, read, read, read and play with the setting while not in flight. Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have no great wisdom to offer. I would just say that, before you do something extreme like sending it back to DJI under warranty or off to a repair shop, make sure that everything is calibrated and firmware is up-to-date.
Yesterday when I started up my P4P the gimbal started moving the camera through its entire range over and over. Turning the battery off and on again fixed the problem. That's not the same as your experience, but just saying that sometimes the gimbal may fix itself or be able to be corrected without turning a screwdriver.

Reactions: Dadah
When shooting straight down while hovering in place my gimbal seems to ever so slightly keep adjusting for something, resulting in a slightly jerky footage that pretty much ruins the shot. I wouldn't mind (as much) the drone slightly swaying around in the air if the movement was fluid, but this camera jerkines as slight as it might be looks horrible. I don't really notice this when the camera is at an angle...
My P4P is doing the same thing, I guess we just have to hope it is ironed out in future firmware.

On p4pro seems that mechanical shutter causes some camera glitch with still photo. It happens to me too. No problem with video.

Did yours also vibrate badly during IMU calibration when turned on it's side?
Yes, also starting to give an occasional error message saying gimbal restricted or something but still usable.

Reactions: Zzz
Yes, also starting to give an occasional error message saying gimbal restricted or something but still usable.
Do not wait on a firmware to fix it then, the problem is clearly mechanical. I'll be exchanging mine...

Reactions: J.T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31