Gimbal problem need help please.

Reaction score
Hello guys it's my first time here so far really liking the forum reading and learning a lot. The reason I found this forum is because I recently bought my first P3P, after owning a couple of cheaper drones, I finally decided to upgrade to something a little better. Well I bought a used P3P, tested it when buying and it worked fine, brought it home and flew it a few times and all worked fine, I did however have kind of a shaky recording. While flying it and getting acclimated I kept getting notified that it needed a firmware update. While doing the firmware update, it failed and started beeping. After lots of reading and lots of youtube, I finally got that all fixed. The problem now is that my gimbal will not tilt up or down. I have recalibrated the gimbal, the remote, reset all settings, trying tilting on the app and nothing has worked. I was told to downgrade the firmware and see if that helped but don't know how to quite do that yet. I haven't crashed but that doesn't mean that it wasn't by the previous owner. After trying to troubleshoot it with DJI support and failing, they just said to send it in. At this point I am out of ideas, the local repair shop said they don't repair gimbals they just replace them, which if it comes to that I feel pretty confident I can do myself. Anyway if you have had this problem or any ideas on what I could do to get her fixed would all be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello and you right. It's a great community :) as i am in france and too bad we don't have a forum like this :)
Anyway. If i understand you did'nt have this problem before upgrading your firmware as i read in your post even have a little shaking ? Right ?

Lots of things it could be including a nick in the ribbon cable. Maybe a bad sensor. There are shops that will repair the gimbal. I have a shop here in Florida. It can be repaired as longbas the main gimbal board is ok.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

The first time I took it out it was a little shaky, but my app kept telling me that there was a lot of magnetic interference. I went to a different location to fly the drone the same day and it was a lot better, very minimal shaking. A lot of people say that there are issues with the ribbon, but I have visually checked it and really see no issues, how would I kind of determine if the sensor is bad?

The problem can occurs when the gyroscope is not stable. Try to put the drone upside down on a table after calibrate IMU and compass. You will see the camera shaking a lot every 10 or 20 seconds. Because the gyro inside the drone is upside down. Do you still have the same problem ?

something is wrong with your roll motor or sensor board, this has nothing to do with the IMU

What do you think are my best options here? Should I replace the roll motor? Or how can I verify if it's the sensor board? I think it might be the roll motor though because even when I hit my custom button, which I have to full forward or full down setting, it just twitches. Almost as if the motor was jammed or something.

Lots of things it could be including a nick in the ribbon cable. Maybe a bad sensor. There are shops that will repair the gimbal. I have a shop here in Florida. It can be repaired as longbas the main gimbal board is ok.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the shop you have that fixes gimbals? I asked DroneNerds who told me they replace them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah same here, the shop that I called nearby said that if the gimbal was in fact the problem, they would just replace the whole unit.

Hello and you right. It's a great community :) as i am in france and too bad we don't have a forum like this :)
Anyway. If i understand you did'nt have this problem before upgrading your firmware as i read in your post even have a little shaking ? Right ?
Errrr.... you do have a forum like this...

Does anyone know of a good shop in Southern California, so I may take it in and have it checked out and hopefully repaired?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj