Gimbal Pan Error

Reaction score
I recently crashed my P3S when it took off on it's own while trying out the follow me mode. The gimbal got ripped off the drone and the antenna wires got ripped out of the connectors. The connectors stayed connected to the board. At this point I get a gimbal pan error in the app and the gimbal does not move at startup or anytime after that. I do however get video feed to the app. Also, if I manually move the pitch of the camera with my hand I can see the dot in the dji go app move. I have since replaced the ribbon cable with a NON OEM ribbon cable and nothing changed. Still no gimbal movement but I still have video feed. After scouring the internet I found a source for an OEM P3S gimbal cable and it's now on it's way to me. Also, after the crash I could not find any P3S 2.4G antennas so I cut two 2.4G cables out of an wifi router and soldered them to the square antennas inside the drone. I can fly and get telemetry and video up to 1000ft away before having video/telemetry cuts out. However, I get errors in the app saying radio channel quality - poor than good and back to poor again. I get the radio channel quality error 5ft away from the drone or 1000ft away. I have since learned about using 2.4G antennas from the Phantom 3 Pro Part # 3. I attached two of the P3P antennas to the gimbal board and mounted to the legs. I am still getting the intermittent poor radio quality error. I am wondering if that indicates a gimbal top board problem. I have not seen much online regarding the "Gimbal Pan Error" so wanted to see if anybody else has seen this and possible fixes. If it turns out to be a gimbal top board it seems China is the only place to get one of those. Any help anybody can provide would be great. Thanks
Screenshot_20200323-122543.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-213233.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to add that the pitch motor got bent in the crash and I replaced that motor as well with a used "supposedly good" motor off ebay. At least the new/used motor turns smoothly unlike my damaged one. I am also still wondering if I may have an issue with either the pitch or roll boards or both. I figured I would wait for the new OEM cable to try first before ordering any more parts.

I have a P3S gimbal board, it is untested. I don’t have a P3S to test with. I bought what was supposed to be a Phantom 3 4K for parts on eBay, they sent me the P3S instead. But if you can use it, you are welcome to it.
Let me know if you want it.

Reactions: Capt KO
I have a P3S gimbal board, it is untested. I don’t have a P3S to test with. I bought what was supposed to be a Phantom 3 4K for parts on eBay, they sent me the P3S instead. But if you can use it, you are welcome to it.
Let me know if you want it.
PM sent

The gimbal doesn’t pan much at all. Pans are created by rotating the aircraft. There is some slight movement. The big movements are pitch and tilt.

I wanted to provide an update on my P3S issue with no gimbal movement but still having video feed. I also had the gimbal pan error in the DJI app. KachemakDiver helped me out with a used top gimbal board and that got the gimbal motors moving again. My yaw motor was pointing the camera to the far left so I had to heat up and remove the yaw motor shaft magnet washer and realign it. Now the camera is facing forward and I took it for a flight tonight and everything worked as it should. I also wanted to mention that my cheap ebay ribbon cable for my P3S from seller dougsgadgets also worked as it should . In case anybody else needs a P3S gimbal ribbon cable I can confirm that the ones from dougsgadgets work and are only $5.99.

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20