Gimbal overload

Reaction score
Dji phantom 4.
Does anyone know what gimbal overload means or how it gets fixed? Camera goes from pointing straight, then suddenly starts counter to clockwise rotation. Wierd.
Checked statuses and everything is up to date.
Any advice or info on this will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think something like that happened to me when I landed over a stone which prevented the gimbal from going where it wanted to go. A gimbal calibration (an option in DJI GO) fixed the problem for me.

Cheers

Gimbal overload means one of the gimbal motors is unable to move further because of an obstruction, resulting into over current.

If it happens during flight too, it means either there is a physical obstruction like packing material behind gimbal, bent arm or misalignment that causes it reaches end of the limit.

If it has gone thru a crash, you need to inspect gimbal and its cables carefully.

Reactions: Droneted
If it happens during flight too, it means either there is a physical obstruction like packing material behind gimbal, bent arm or misalignment that causes it reaches end of the limit.

If it has gone thru a crash, you need to inspect gimbal and its cables carefully.
No crash and it just started two days ago in the middle of a flight. I Noticed this pic, so then I brought it down to see what the deal was and saw it wigging out.

Attachments

• 1483484343043.jpg
    1483484343043.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
So in case anyone is wondering the solution in this case.
I must have taken off from a dusty spot and got debri in the gimbal/camera area according to YouTube videos.
I Sprayed all moving parts with a compressed air can for electronics and everything is working good again.
Thanx for all everyone, much appreciated.

Reactions: AnchorageAk
If you flying fast in high winds especially when flying sideways the gimbal motors may overload from the force of the wind, it usually resets and your good to go, if this happens again slow down a bit and see if it regains position.

Reactions: sdmarcos13
I've had this same message but it says motor overload. It only has happened once before flight during warm up. I shutdown everything and restart. All was clear. I know this is and was not your problem and you have repaired your problem, but wondering what my motor overload while warm up could have been?

Reactions: sdmarcos13
If you flying fast in high winds especially when flying sideways the gimbal motors may overload from the force of the wind, it usually resets and your good to go, if this happens again slow down a bit and see if it regains position.
It would happen just in a hover. It hasn't giving me that message ever since I took a can of air to it and stayed the moving parts.
Thanks for the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers