Gimbal on the Vision?

Pull_Up said:
Very nice! Interesting mounting it to an additional bottom plate between the skids - that might cause a bit of instability landing on long grass, etc. One to launch from your case and land via mid-air catch, I think.

http://www.dronexpert.nl/news/ has some video clips of function, including smartphone app controlling tilt.

Cool vids, thanks for sharing. I was wondering if someone was going to do this.

Tomorrow i will call those people. They come from The Netherlands, so am i.
But i have to work of course, if there is something new, i will report it here after work, if not, i will write something anyway ;)

I think it is very interesting because you can still control the tilt via the app.

Yes! I'm very excited someone is making a Vision Gimbal.

After trying to figure out how a gimbal would be small enough to still keep the camera from taking up space below the skids, this design makes a lot of sense! I'm really interested to know how much it reduces the normal 25 minute battery life...

Looking forward to hearing what you find out from the company!

Drone7 said:
But i have to work of course, if there is something new, i will report it here after work, if not, i will write something anyway ;)

I think it is very interesting because you can still control the tilt via the app.

Any in-flight video they have from it would be very interesting...

Pull_Up said:
Drone7 said:

Any in-flight video they have from it would be very interesting...

I think it is the same but then with a Gopro :)
http://www.dronexpert.nl/gopro-gimbal-fpv-lcd/

Looks amazing, definitely interested.

How does it handle the vibration? I cannot see any grommets ?

The Dutch gimbal does look great.

In the meantime. Tonight I upgraded my P2V with a Zenmuse H3-2D.

Taking the P2V camera off was straight forward. The cable coming from the bottom of the P2V is for the tilt servo, and it comes off easily.

The Zenmuse uses a different mounting plate so you can't use the same rubber isolators, but the mooting plate screws in directly into built in threaded inserts in the bottom of the P2V body.

Then plug the 8 pin cable from the gimbal to the port labeled "Zenmuse" on the main board and you are done. I did not even have to use most of the parts in the Zenmuse box.

Power up and it's rock steady.

Now for the bad. Of course, you lose FPV and have to fly blind. Also, right now I have no tilt control. There is a spare channel built into the remote controller that is supposed to handle tilt in the Zenmuse, but it's addressing X1 and the Vision software is not showing X1 at all, even in NazaM mode. I tried the Naza assistant software, but it can't seem to talk to the D2V. Anybody have any ideas? It would be less "out of the box" and have more manual settings but it would be able to assign X1 for the tilt.

Until there is a way to use the GoPro for FPV, I'm going take the P2V camera apart and mount the internals as a fixed FPV that I can fly at the same time as the GoPro. Sounds complicated, but once you have seen the steady video from the Zenmuse, it's hard to watch the P2V's shaky footage.

I loved the P2V out of the box simplicity though.

D

dyarza said:
Until there is a way to use the GoPro for FPV, I'm going take the P2V camera apart and mount the internals as a fixed FPV that I can fly at the same time as the GoPro.

You, sir, are my hero.

What do you think is the probability of modifying the zenmuse to take up the FC200 (Phantom Vision's default camera)?
I also like the fpv, telemetry and the ability to control photo-taking and swap between photo and video during flight.

I was sure i posted something but i can not find it back!

Anyway,
Here is some info about the dutch gimbal:
End of next week some video´s will show up on you tube
In 2 weeks it will arrive and it looks like it is very easy to install without opening the PV.

Later on i will hear more from them.

To be continued

I'm pretty much convinced. Gimbal + FPV smart phone functionality, easy to install. Sounds perfect!

Now I just need to see some on board camera footage!

dyarza said:
Until there is a way to use the GoPro for FPV, I'm going take the P2V camera apart and mount the internals as a fixed FPV that I can fly at the same time as the GoPro. Sounds complicated, but once you have seen the steady video from the Zenmuse, it's hard to watch the P2V's shaky footage.

I loved the P2V out of the box simplicity though.

D

Great idea, please post photos if you manage to get this operating.

For me, an integrated fixed camera in the body of a Phantom pushing FPV video back to my iDevice, with a 3 Axis gimbal with GoPro hanging underneath all in a Phantom sized travel package would be my goal. Oh, add in Ground Station capability, too.

IAP said:

Got word back from the company. No vibration issues.

So I placed an order immediately! Quoted 2weeks to Australia. Excited!

IAP said:
IAP said:

Got word back from the company. No vibration issues.

So I placed an order immediately! Quoted 2weeks to Australia. Excited!

Awesome!!! Keep us up to date because this looks like a very worthwhile investment. How much was it?

Tanx....

-slinger

A couple questions I would have... it mounts directly where it says do not block wifi antenna. Is that going to be a issue? And I'm assuming we need to cut into the camera housing to mount it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl