Gimbal not responding after crash.

Reaction score
My fellow pilots. Drone problems are big problems. I've crashed. I had the rope hanging on the landing gear. Just to test if p4 can carry stuff. Nothing was attached to the rope. After taking off, the rope flew to the props. That's how I crashed. About 4 to 6 meters. Now my gimbal is not responding properly. Like I have no camera control any more. Do you guys have any idea how I can get myself out of this problem

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Start by taking the camera off and check the ribbon cables while you are doing it. One may have pulled out. It should fly just fine without the camera on it, so while you have it off, check the bird and make sure it still flies. Look for any breaks or scratches on the ribbon cables and then make sure that they are all completely pushed in as you put it back together. Then if it doesn't work you can either send your camera in for repair or do it yourself if you have the experience.
UAV Repair Shop

YouTube answers everything :)

Reactions: sgeiger
Thanks Reed. I was on YouTube almost all day today. I finally managed to sort it out myself. I'm impressed by myself. Your input is hirely valuable. I appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Reed L
That's great :) Fixing your own sure gives you a great feeling of accomplishment. Great News and Congratulations :)

My Phantom crashed upside down after it flipped at 200 feet. The most damage was the gimbal. It still worked some but was binding. Sent it in and DJI said they fixed it and shipped it back but today I questioned the serial number being sent to me and April at support said they had sent me a new one, the old one was not repairable???
Jim
WA5TEF

My Phantom crashed upside down after it flipped at 200 feet. The most damage was the gimbal. It still worked some but was binding. Sent it in and DJI said they fixed it and shipped it back but today I questioned the serial number being sent to me and April at support said they had sent me a new one, the old one was not repairable???
Jim
WA5TEF
Did they charge you? If so how much?

Helnick, yes they did. I paid them $239.00 in order to get it repaired quickly. The parts list was cheap per item but it looks like they charged for an entire gimbal mount though not all of that was needed. The camera still worked and the mount tilted up and down most of the time but it did bind. In fact the Phantom landed so hard that the camera mount dented the housing just above it! I tried afterwards to make the camera meet the dent and I could not do so. It lacked some 1/8 of an inch meeting the dent though the contour was identical to the mount. Now that is one tough drone. I sure with their customer support department(s) was tough!
Thanks for posting.
Jim
WA5TEF

Helnick, I forgot to mention that I have demanded a refund but I have yet to hear from that request.
Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl