Gimbal Motor (Replacement?)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We experienced a crash that appears to have caused a significant amount of damage to the gimbal. It has ripped the camera entirely off the yaw arm, has bent the yaw arm and also severed the flex ribbon. I have received a replacement yaw arm and flex ribbon, and I plan to attempt to glue the camera back onto its mount. However, I have ran into yet another problem.

The motor that is connected to the base plate that swings the yaw arm appears to have a bent shaft. I'm not sure if this motor can be replaced, or maybe even just the shaft?

Below is a picture of what I'm talking about.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20150702_124051.jpg
    IMG_20150702_124051.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 4,459
Winston,
i have several.
Keep in mind thou that there is a good chance that main board or one if not both of the pitch boards are probably damaged to some degree.
i went through over 400 of these in the past 8 months and i have seen the pattern of what breaks when these crash.

And i have to ask... what are you going to "glue" back together?
sorry just had to :)

The camera back onto the yaw arm. You have several of these motors? And yea, I'm not getting my hopes up too much on the circuitry being "ok".

yes, i have yaw arms, motors,... name it
if you need help let me know, you can send it over and i'll get it up and running again.

That sounds great. Do you have an inventory list available? This could be an ongoing relationship as this P2V+ is owned by the company I work for, and I'm responsible for maintaining it.

Hello hunch,

As a result of a RTH failure My Phantom 3 Pro took off itself and crashed into a building (while unresponsive to the controls). My camera and gimble tray are ok. But Yaw arm, yaw motor and yaw circuit have been lost. I can't literally find them at crash site. Are those replacable and could be found? I can't buy a whole new camera kit they are really expensive.

Thank you very much in advance

Ali,
yes i actually have plenty of those parts, main board, yaw arm, yaw motor,... i can just send you all three parts assembled in case already. i am assuming your gimbal cable also broke?

Ali,
yes i actually have plenty of those parts, main board, yaw arm, yaw motor,... i can just send you all three parts assembled in case already. i am assuming your gimbal cable also broke?

Hello Hunch,
Thank you very much for your fast response. You are right, flex cable is also broken. Actually after investigating the crash site millionth time today, I found the yaw arm (circuit and motor still intact). I will add some photos if they will help you to understand the situation more. Your help will be appreciated. You can send me PM if you want in order to discuss this further. Thank you very much for your kind interests,

20151209_003445.jpg 20151209_003507.jpg 20151209_003520.jpg

ok, you will def need anew yaw arm and gimbal cable.
i have both in stock if you decide to purchase the parts and try and fix yourself.

Reactions: Joeblah
if you need help let me know, you can send it over and i'll get it up and running again.
Hello, I just had a crash with my P3 Pro and am having problems with one of the gimbal motors. I've tested everything and all is good except the roll motor (middle motor), it makes a grinding noise and the camera is unsettled. Would you send us the required parts in Canada? Do you accept PayPal? How can we connect?

Hunch, I see you have replacement parts for a Phantom 3 Standard? After a crash this cable was cut. I have found the main one, but can't find this one. It looks like it is made onto the motor. Do you have any like this? If so can you send or text me the price and shipping info. 903-258-3542
Thanks so much.
JD

Attachments

• drone camers.JPG
    drone camers.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 967
I also need a Lil help hunch. The yaw motor came apart and cable broke. Idk if glue will hold the motor back on or if I can replace the motor itself. Please help....

Attachments

• 1453092513225.jpg
    1453092513225.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 805
ok, you will def need anew yaw arm and gimbal cable.
i have both in stock if you decide to purchase the parts and try and fix yourself.
Hunch , I did something similar to this guy and replaced the ribbon and yaw arm. Everything appears to be good until I power it up and the gimble does nothing. Does not move at all. I posted a video on Facebook and someone posted immediately a broke motor. I would like to send you video to you and get your opinion. My email is [email protected]. I spoke to DJI and am at the point to sending it back in. It is under warantee but because I hit a tree I feel I will pay dearly for them to fix it.

Hi Hunch.
I have done the same as the guys above and the gimbal motor is broken and probably the spindle is bent. Can you please advise what parts you have and how I can get them, my contact details are [email protected]. Its for a DJI Pro 3.
Thank you
Ben

Hunch , I did something similar to this guy and replaced the ribbon and yaw arm. Everything appears to be good until I power it up and the gimble does nothing. Does not move at all. I posted a video on Facebook and someone posted immediately a broke motor. I would like to send you video to you and get your opinion. My email is [email protected]. I spoke to DJI and am at the point to sending it back in. It is under warantee but because I hit a tree I feel I will pay dearly for them to fix it.

Where did you get the ribbon cable from? There are some ebay ribbon cables that do NOT work. Try and get an authentic cable or from a reputable dealer.

Hello Hunch,
Thank you very much for your fast response. You are right, flex cable is also broken. Actually after investigating the crash site millionth time today, I found the yaw arm (circuit and motor still intact). I will add some photos if they will help you to understand the situation more. Your help will be appreciated. You can send me PM if you want in order to discuss this further. Thank you very much for your kind interests,

View attachment 37433 View attachment 37434 View attachment 37435
hi!! i need the same parts!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers