Gimbal Motor Overloaded intermittent error since 1.2.0

Reaction score
Ever since I updated the iOS DJI Pilot App to 1.2.0 yesterday, I have been receiving the Gimbal Motor Overloaded error intermittently while flying. 2 flights now.

1. There is no packing foam still attached, I have been flying this for over a month now, about 40 flights under my belt so far.

2. The gimbal protector is not on.

3. I do not have any filters or added weight on the camera.

4. I checked the set screw that attaches the camera to the shaft and it is tight and square to the flat surface of the shaft as it should be.

5. I have done a cold IMU calibration 3 times and calibrated the gimbal 3 times on a perfectly plumb surface since upgrading to 1.2.0.

The gimbal seems to act as it always has which is pretty decent, other than the off tilt horizon which comes and goes depending on how you yaw the craft.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

I seem to have the exact same issue, the error comes and goes randomly, I to have had various flights and this issue only started after the last firmware update. My gimbal performs well and there does not seem to be any issues with it! I have never crashed. I use an iPad mini 2, might be a app glitch?

Same experience with my P3A.

I only get that when flying with my Android based tablet(Nexus 7 II). When I fly with my iPhone 6 and the iOS software I don't get it.

Sorry to here this for you guys. For what it's worth... I just got back from testing after reading these posts. Fortunately I had zero issues with anything: App update, warnings, calibrations etc. I even fly with the SRP ND's which weight 7g's and still had to gimbal motor alerts.

Hope it's worked out for you soon.

It has to be an app glitch. I have a P3A with the latest firmware and this issue only appeared today after I flew for the first time since the app was upgraded on iOS to 1.2.0.

Same experience with my P3A.

I only get that when flying with my Android based tablet(Nexus 7 II). When I fly with my iPhone 6 and the iOS software I don't get it.

What version of the app is your iOS devices on?

It happened to me last night as I was bringing the P3P back to land after filming the marriage proposal. Just noticed it and then it went away. I wasn't YAWing at the time. Only happened once as far as I could tell

It has to be an app glitch. I have a P3A with the latest firmware and this issue only appeared today after I flew for the first time since the app was upgraded on iOS to 1.2.0.
Only appeared today for me as well. It's been flawless for three weeks. I'm using an IPad 2. I did do an IMU calibration before flying today and everything went fine. Something in this new app version is causing this. Of course DJI was no help at all. Have to call my dealer on Monday I guess unless someone smarter than me figures this out. Safe to fly with this warning?

Happened to me on one battery today (out of 4). I haven't updated any firmware since I got it, but do have the latest iOS app. Message popped up a dozen or more times and went away.

Seems like quite a few of us have this issue after the last firmware update, maybe someone like " blade strike " can give us some more clarity on the glitch! Checked my video I did yesterday and there is no sign of gimbal issues in flight but got the error 3 times on the last flight! Error lasts 1 sec and goes away!

Agree, must be the app! Seems there are quite a few issues with the app! Guys loosing fpv signal and now the gimbal overload error! My p3p is still as rock solid as the day I bought it, but this error is annoying!:mad:

Same here. All my gimbal calibrations have passed and during moving I noticed the same on my P3P (v1.2.6 + Android DJI Pilot v1.20 + standard DJI UV filter). Depending on speed each 5-20 seconds the warning appears. During hovering there is no warning. It seems the value of some threshold for gimbal movement/vibration is too low because I have not seen any troubles with stability of video.

Had another flight tonight, quad was as solid as always, still getting the "gimbal overload warning" convinced it is the app! Will just ignore it for the time being as it has no effect on the video or the performance of the bird!;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.