Gimbal motor overload and mapbox missing

Reaction score
Hi All, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I took my P4P2+ out for a fly yesterday. The first flight was fine. At the startup of the second flight I recieved a message the Gimbal Motor Overload, also the mapbox was missing in the controller display (Plus controller). Probably two unrelated issues. I do have the "radar" type display in the mapbox area. I did update to the most recent firmware update prior to flying. I have since calibrated the gimbal, imu and controller with no luck. The gimbal appears to to be steady, moves fine with no restrictions and has no resistance when moved manually. The videos are fine with no shaking or wobbling. I have reviewed previous posts regarding Gimbal Motor Overload and my gimbal does not appear to have any of the issues discussed in the posts. Any suggestions on either or both issues is most welcome.

Forgot to mention that I have had NO hard landings or crashes. I did have one dusty landing about 3 months ago, but have flown many times since without gimbal issues.

The last gimbal over load I had was on my Mavic pro, I had just did a upgrade on it also, When I restarted it I got the message. I also noticed the motor on the gimbal was so hot it burned my finger. I ended up replacing the ribbon cable to fix the problem. The update took a long time to do and I always wonder if it was the update taking so long. I did my phantom yesterday with new update and it took a while to do . It always makes me worry during upgrades

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31