Gimbal lost power in flight

Reaction score
I have a new phanthom4. It was flying ok and then all of a sudden gimbal lost power and was wobbly and could not control the camera. But was able to see the camera feed. Dji experts please advice if this is a one time gimbal software glitch or is it hardware issue, should I return this to the vendor. After landing it I was able to restart the phanthom4 and then was able to have full control of the gimbal

I have never seen Gimbal losing control during flights. But as you said you were getting the video feed, that means camera electronics that's also housed in Gimbal was powered. That means one or more motors lost control.

To me it looks like a lose cable connection or DJI App issue.

If you can exchange with a new one, that would be the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you bank very hard or pan in wind at high speed sometimes the gimbal motors can't keep the gimbal in position and it will be pushed by the wind and g force to it's physical limits. Once this force has diminished the gimbal will revert to the position it is supposed to be. If this happens again slow down and if it regains position the maximum force exerted on the gimbal motors was surpassed. This has happened to me on several occasion with no after effects on the gimbal or camera. If you can see the image and the gimbal is wobbly this situation may be the cause.

the gimbal motors can't keep the gimbal in position and it will be pushed by the wind and g force to it's physical limits. Once this
If you bank very hard or pan in wind at high speed sometimes the gimbal motors can't keep the gimbal in position and it will be pushed by the wind and g force to it's physical limits. Once this force has diminished the gimbal will revert to the position it is supposed to be. If this happens again slow down and if it regains position the maximum force exerted on the gimbal motors was surpassed. This has happened to me on several occasion with no after effects on the gimbal or camera. If you can see the image and the gimbal is wobbly this situation may be the cause.

Hi Erised
thanks for the detailed reply
please let me know when you lost control of the gimbal, were you able to regain control while in air. Or do you need to land it and then restart it to make it work properly. in my case i had to land it and then restart the drone.

Hi Erised
thanks for the detailed reply
please let me know when you lost control of the gimbal, were you able to regain control while in air. Or do you need to land it and then restart it to make it work properly. in my case i had to land it and then restart the drone.
Mine regained control in flight, for you having to land seems extreme, maybe it went so far off it lost it's zero point some how.??? I hope it's just a glitch in your case.

This happened to me when I put a lens hood on the camera--made for the phantom 4. Did it on the ground and the air. Took it off and nary a wobble.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31