Gimbal issue

Reaction score
I had a slight mishap where the drone was on the ground and flipped over. Now the camera doesn’t respond. In case some dirt got into the mechanism in I blasted it with compressed air and still no response. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi Andy - What drone? Compressed air [probably the worst possible idea, but too late now.

If you mean the gimbal parts do NOT move in response to commands, touch them with a finger or waggle the drone about and see if they move. DO NOT APPY FORCE.
Re any trapped dirt, carefully try a vacuum cleaner

Reactions: andy.spilos
Thanks. I didn’t mention it’s a P3pro. It moves freely, just not responsive to the controls.

Have you tried setting button C1 to 'gimball up and down' and seeing if the gimbal responds to that?
With the drone powered on and 'ready' does the camera try to stay level etc. if you waggle the drone?
Is there an image from the camera?

Check all the connecting cables are firmly into their sockets.......

and PLEASE don't ever use compressed air on any part of the drone, it will blast grit etc INTO tight places, not out!
IMG_6352.jpg
IMG_6353.jpg
IMG_6354.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. The gimbal moves freely and the camera is working. I’ll check the cable connections too.

Did you try setting button C1 (or C2, whoops) to the 'gimball up and down' function?
From memory the actual wording of the function name might be Camera forward/down".
I ask because inside the controller itself the signals from the gimbal dial travel to the controller's main board via a different ribbon cable to that used by the C1 & C2 buttons.

BTW there is a 2nd multi strand cable connector hidden at the back of the top board, the tip of the arrow might just be touching it. I doubt it will have come loose in a flip but it might be worth pressing it down just incase

Attachments

• IMG_6352 c&p.jpg
    IMG_6352 c&p.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member