Gimbal horizon tilt

Reaction score
Hey, so after downgrading to DJI go app version 2.8.3, I've noticed my horizon it tiled slightly. Never noticed it, could have been there before, but I don't think so. Never crashed. Ideas? Thanks[emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it a constant (static) tilt no matter if you yaw left or right? If so, you could try an IMU / Gimbal calibration on a level surface. If you have done that, you can try a simple gimball roll adjustment in the app.

If it's a drifting tilt that changes it's angle (down on the left sometimes and down on the right sometimes) as you yaw, well then there is not much you can do about it yourself.

Tilted horizons have plagued DJI and there are literally hundreds of posts about it. Perhaps you can find something else to try in one of those.

Good luck sir! Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
IMU/Gimbal calibration on dead level surface will help, but all suffer from tilted horizon from time to time. The gimbal adjustments in the app have always made things worse for me. I no longer use that feature. I have a cure that has never failed me.

Do a hard snap 1/4 turn yaw (stick all the way over, back to the middle) towards the low side of the horizon. That fixes it most of the time. Occasionally I have to go the other way. Then fly as you like with a level horizon

IMU/Gimbal calibration on dead level surface will help, but all suffer from tilted horizon from time to time. The gimbal adjustments in the app have always made things worse for me. I no longer use that feature. I have a cure that has never failed me.

Do a hard snap 1/4 turn yaw (stick all the way over, back to the middle) towards the low side of the horizon. That fixes it most of the time. Occasionally I have to go the other way. Then fly as you like with a level horizon
Interesting. I will try to calibrate it, and use that idea if it comes up again. Strange problem if so many people have it, must be software....

Interesting. I will try to calibrate it, and use that idea if it comes up again. Strange problem if so many people have it, must be software....

I must own 10 different gimbals from my home brew rigs. All of the smaller GoPro and DJI Phantom size gimbals lose the horizon level from time to time. I think it is just the small delicate nature of these devices

Placing books, small childrens toys, or other objects under one side of your viewing monitor will correct tilt.........

Reactions: Samuel Quinn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.