Gimbal help

Reaction score
Had a significant crash breaking off camera.ordered oem parts and replace what was broken but got n/a in all statuses,no video feed,no gimbal movement and upgrade fail at 55%.swapped gimbal top board and all statuses came back,upgrade was accepted but the camera only goes up and down on its own.gimbal does not initialize on start up,no control of gimbal from rc nor app,gives the following errors:roll motor error,yaw motor error,camera sensor error.ive swapped the gimbal top board with several others i have from spare p4's but the problem is still there.pls help

Had a significant crash breaking off camera.ordered oem parts and replace what was broken but got n/a in all statuses,no video feed,no gimbal movement and upgrade fail at 55%.swapped gimbal top board and all statuses came back,upgrade was accepted but the camera only goes up and down on its own.gimbal does not initialize on start up,no control of gimbal from rc nor app,gives the following errors:roll motor error,yaw motor error,camera sensor error.ive swapped the gimbal top board with several others i have from spare p4's but the problem is still there.pls help

Anytime you have a crash, minor or major, you can expect to have gimbal motor sensor damage and possible wire melt on the motor lugs, especially if you don't get to the drone to shut it off in time to keep the motor(s) from over heating from being in a "forced" unnatural position. The most common motor damage is to the yaw, since it gets the most leveraged force in a crash.

EVERY P4 cam I repair I disassemble all 3 gimbal motors to check sensors and wire melt. I use a 5X eye loupe to inspect. If there is a glaze around the motor lugs, that is melt. If it is bubbled, it is more obvious and has shorted out the wires. I also inspect every "NEW" motor I buy on eBay, since the pitch and roll motors are all USED. I have to scrap 25% of them. The only ones that are actually new are the yaw motors, but you need to verify the source. The new yaw motors I get have bad drums, due to a very weak magnetic ring inside the drum, but the motor is new. You can tell a new motor by looking at the gold contacts on the end of the ribbon. No divots, new.

Anytime you have a crash, minor or major, you can expect to have gimbal motor sensor damage and possible wire melt on the motor lugs, especially if you don't get to the drone to shut it off in time to keep the motor(s) from over heating from being in a "forced" unnatural position. The most common motor damage is to the yaw, since it gets the most leveraged force in a crash.

EVERY P4 cam I repair I disassemble all 3 gimbal motors to check sensors and wire melt. I use a 5X eye loupe to inspect. If there is a glaze around the motor lugs, that is melt. If it is bubbled, it is more obvious and has shorted out the wires. I also inspect every "NEW" motor I buy on eBay, since the pitch and roll motors are all USED. I have to scrap 25% of them. The only ones that are actually new are the yaw motors, but you need to verify the source. The new yaw motors I get have bad drums, due to a very weak magnetic ring inside the drum, but the motor is new. You can tell a new motor by looking at the gold contacts on the end of the ribbon. No divots, new.
Thank you very much for your reply.would this also affect the video feed?i put in working roll motor from another working gimbal i have,ordered another oem flex cable and installed and put in a new gimbal esc board but still have no video feed and no gimbal initialization.camera only moves up amd down on startup and after start up

Thank you very much for your reply.would this also affect the video feed?i put in working roll motor from another working gimbal i have,ordered another oem flex cable and installed and put in a new gimbal esc board but still have no video feed and no gimbal initialization.camera only moves up amd down on startup and after start up

If you replaced the items you mentioned, & still have no video, & re-binded the controller, it is more than likely a bad main board. Most pilots don't have a 2nd camera for testing. It makes a huge difference in figuring out what is wrong.

If you replaced the items you mentioned, & still have no video, & re-binded the controller, it is more than likely a bad main board. Most pilots don't have a 2nd camera for testing. It makes a huge difference in figuring out what is wrong.
Thanks for the reply.i have a gimbal main board ordered as i supsected that was the problem also.

Reactions: jiminyfixit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.