Gimbal Help Please

Reaction score
I got a P3S a few days ago, and was told it crashed into a tree.

The previous owner replaced the ribbon on the camera and never hooked it back up.

the drone itself flies great.

I hooked up the camera today for the first time.

It does not auto correct or try to level itself, it beeps 3 quick beeps at the gimbal unit itself.

I am not sure if the previous owner replaced the ribbon correctly or not.

The camera DOES send a video feed back to the phone however.

I was wondering if this would be a cheap fix or not.

I really cannot afford a major repair, I only got the drone for $50.

Thank you very much!

You said "It does not auto correct or try to level itself". I take it you mean it doesn't do it's start up dance? It just hangs there doing nothing when you turn the phantom on.

Check the ribbon cable on the camera visually at the connections. Make sure they are inserted straight and completely. Also, if the previous owner bought a third party ribbon cable, that is a problem. Use only the OEM cable from DJI. Also be sure the larger gray ribbons are inserted and seated. Disconnect them and reconnect them.

That's all I have.

OK, I will order another cable from DJI and take everything a part and retry.
It does not do its start up dance or anything no. It just beeps and the app says Gimbal Pitch Error. I will see what a cable replacement does.

Ah! Ok, now that is new information; "Gimbal pitch error". You didn't say that the first time.

Now, Paying close attention to the ribbon cable, carefully move the camera all around and see if the camera gets stuck on the ribbon. (Do not force it) The gimbal motors are not very strong and sometimes when someone inexperienced replaces the camera ribbon cable, they may not position it correctly and the camera hits it when trying to move. There is very little clearance between the camera and the ribbon as it is, and the ribbon only needs to be sticking out a little bit for the camera to hit it.

"Gimbal pitch error" would indicate that the camera can't move in it's "pitch" direction (up and down). It may be getting stuck on the ribbon. It happened to me so I know from first hand experience.

I hope it turns out to be something that simple!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20