Gimbal guard

Reaction score
Is it ok to turn on your phantom 3se with the gimbal guard on ? Just a thought a thought?

No warning at all mate. Dont worry i done that a few times and no harm done. But obviously best not to do it. You can get a tag that clips on the camera guard so you will easily see it and it remind you to take it off

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The bright red chunk of yarn reminds me every time. I also use a pre-flight check list religiously. Removing the gimbal guard is right at the top.

Excellent idea! I am thinking strongly about creating a pre-flight checklist for my RC iPad to launch before the Go app.

This one works for me.Credit goes to kptw_pilot, Dec 28, 2015

PreFlight:

1. Install Intelligent Flight Battery into the Phantom. Check secure & check battery percentage.

2. Uninstall gimbal lock if installed.

3. Remove lens cover from camera & make sure lens is clean. Install ND filters if applicable.

4. Check that the SD card is properly installed/formatted.

5. Check that propellers are properly installed, tightened and in good condition.

6. Turn on remote controller check R/C battery & flight mode set to PMode.

7. Connect to Phantom’s Wifi on phone/device.

8. Check phone/device volume full or as desired. Do the same with screen brightness.

9. Open the DJI Go App. Mount device to R/C if not already mounted.

10.Turn Phantom on (Press power button, then press/hold for 2 sec.)

11.Connect to the Phantom through the DJI Go App.

12.Check app statuses. (Battery percentage, camera settings, RTH altitude, etc.)

13.Allow the IMU to calibrate do not move the Phantom until IMU is finished calibrating.

14.Calibrate the compass if necessary.

15.Check for 5 or 6 satellites + and the words “Safe to Fly” If not safe to fly, proceed with caution

until you are instructed that it is “Safe to Fly.” (Enough satellites may connect with more

altitude/obstruction clearing.

16.Adjust the antenna on remote controller if necessary. Tip of antenna should not†be pointing at

the Phantom.

17.If area is safe and clear, start the motors using the CSC, or complete an autotakeoff.

PostFlight:

1. Once UAV is landed, execute the CSC or keep throttle stick down fully to stop the motors.

2. Review photos/videos if necessary.

3. Power off Phantom (press power button, then press/hold for 2 sec.)

4. Power off remote controller.

5. Install the lens cover & gimbal guard if necessary.

6. Remove the Intelligent Flight Battery from the Phantom.

Nice pre and post flight. I’m going to print it out and put it on the inside of my case. I do the same exact procedure.
But it’s always good to go down checklist. Some times as humans we forget things.
Safe flying.

Reactions: LarBear360
This list is awesome I would add to the pre flight check one more thing Check that the aircraft is set on return to home and the RTH height at lose of signal (not hover) unless you are inside

This list is awesome I would add to the pre flight check one more thing Check that the aircraft is set on return to home and the RTH height at lose of signal (not hover) unless you are inside
There is a pop-up displayed on your device, albeit brief, that confirms your RTH. But it never hurts to re-check those settings, especially after a fresh install or update.

Here's a follow up ? to this... (sorry to hijack thread a little bit!) - The stock plastic gimbal guard that comes with the Phantom 3SE... Is it ok to continually use it? When i get done flying, I pack everything away into my Drone Backpack and put the gimbal guard back on everytime.

I guess what I am saying is; Is the gimabl guard that comes with the drone ok to use continually or was it meant just for the initial shipping of the drone to the customer? All the other aftermarket gimbal guards i see hold/slip on in a totally different manner.

Here's a follow up ? to this... (sorry to hijack thread a little bit!) - The stock plastic gimbal guard that comes with the Phantom 3SE... Is it ok to continually use it? When i get done flying, I pack everything away into my Drone Backpack and put the gimbal guard back on everytime.

I guess what I am saying is; Is the gim abl guard that comes with the drone ok to use continually or was it meant just for the initial shipping of the drone to the customer? All the other aftermarket gimbal guards i see hold/slip on in a totally different manner.
The aftermarket market model I use serves to cover the lens and hold everything in place. It's just fine to continue using the piece that shipped with your drone. Consider putting the lens cover back on if you still have it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl