Gimbal getting way to warm -> Normal?

Reaction score
I don't think this is normal but my P3 gimbal is getting way too warm just after a few minutes on.

Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
It's going to get fairly warm. Many parts of the phantom will warm up quite significantly. The motors, the battery, the gimbal. Just to name a few. It's normal. You can't forget that this is basically a flying computer. All that processing (video processing in the case of the gimbal) generates heat.

It's going to get fairly warm. Many parts of the phantom will warm up quite significantly. The motors, the battery, the gimbal. Just to name a few. It's normal. You can't forget that this is basically a flying computer. All that processing (video processing in the case of the gimbal) generates heat.
Understood, but THAT much heat after just a few minutes is a bit odd.

I don't remember mine getting noticeably warm....I'm still on fw 1.1.5.....will have to test again (you guys are noticing it getting warm just idling? ) will check it out......maybe is part of the disconnects and lag people are getting on fw 1.1.9

So one good piece of advice is do not let your P3 stand still (and on) for too long. ;)
Curious to know if it gets hot when using the simulator. I never bothered to check

The unit does warm up pretty good on the bench and it is normal.. IMHO, I would leave it powered up for more than 20-30mins on the bench. Maybe even run a fan to keep it cool if using the simulator

The unit does warm up pretty good on the bench and it is normal.. IMHO, I would leave it powered up for more than 20-30mins on the bench. Maybe even run a fan to keep it cool if using the simulator
a fan is a great idea--- !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.