Gimbal for Phantom1 and Gopro 4 Silver?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

as the topic says, I'm searching for a good gimbal for my Phantom 1 using a GoPro 4 Silver. I've been reading that some gimbals are specially built for Gopro 3 or Gopro 4 black, I thought that the gimbal mechanism would stabilise any camera :p

Could yo recommend a gimbal that will work with a Gopro 4 silver and the Phantom 1? I never updated anything in the Phantom (I've been told that for i.e some versions of the Zenmuse need the Naza V2).

Thank you very much!

It really depends on how much you want to spend, and if you want 2-axis or 3-axis stabilization. There are options from $70 (Walkera G2D plastic) to well over $300 (Zenmuse et al). If it will fit a 3, it will fit a 4. Black and Silver are the same dimensions (I have one of each so can vouch for that). To be honest, after flying a few dozen missions with a 2-axis, I switched all my birds to 3-axis, and the difference in video quality is dramatic. Right now I'm using a Feiyu Tech Mini 3D on the Phantom, and a Walkera G3D on my F450. Both are very nice, with a slight advantage to the Feiyu because of its lower weight and added control options. I have a $70 GoodLuckBuy 3-axis on the way, and while it's far from plug n play, it has many great reviews, especially for the price. Will report once I have it installed on one of my toys.

Reactions: nperic
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440798809.719155.jpg

$100 never opened

You not to familiar with negotiating are you? It's called a counter offer. Would you like me to start at 89.99 so I can be talked down to 69.99. Your options are irritating
Pass. Have 2 of them already, moved to 3-axis. But thanks for the offer. :D

This is what a 3-axis gimbal looks like:
g3d.jpg

Yep, you were lied to. Don't shoot the messenger!
Once again, if it were a 3-axis gimbal, it would have a motor at the base of the vertical arm, and this clearly does not. I really am sorry but you done got took.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20