gimbal disconnect

Reaction score
I have only flown my Phantom 4 a half a dozen times but hadn't had a problem until yesterday. I lost video and saw the Disconnected error but I still had control of the quad. I flew it back and landed with no problem. I then saw that the "disconnected" was my gimbal.
Today I find that with my iPad Mini3, The gimbal calibrated correctly on start up and I actually have manual control from the RC control wheel but still no video. I then connected with my Android phone and everything was working as it should! After several switches between my iPad and Android phone the results were the same each time. The Android works and the iPad doesn't.
I am hopping that a new installation of the Go app on the iPad will fix my problem but my friends at Apple will only let me re-install from the Icloud which I assume is the same app configuration I am deleting. I have tried that re-install several times with no luck.
Now my question: can anyone tell me how to get a completely new installation of the Go app for my iPad?

I apologize if this should have been tagged onto the many disconnect threads and thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks but I have tried that several times and I still have the exact same problem. I delete the app and when I attempt to get a new download, I am only offered the Icloud version which hasn't changed anything. I am looking for a way to get a totally new download from the Apple Store.

Thank you but I may have found the problem. I connected with a different lightning cable several times and I have video with no errors. I tried the original cable and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess time will tell, I will repost if I have any more problems.
Thanks guys

In some cases folks here have had to do a full factory reset of the iPad to get it working. That is only effective when using iTunes to do the factory reset:
You'll need to place the Mini in recovery mode. Turn off your iPad and hold down the home button as you plug it in to iTunes on your Mac or PC. You can let go once you see the iTunes connection appear on your screen. From there you can completely wipe the iPad and restore to factory settings. Upon completion, you'll need to set up the iPad as new and not restore it from a prior backup.

Thanks but I don't think I'll need to do that now, it looks like the new lightning cable will correct the problem. if I find that it is something else, I will post here.

Sounds like a very similar problem on the P3P's. What you describe happens when the gimbal ribbon cable becomes loose or damaged. You should contact DJI since your P4 is still on warranty. On the P3P's replacing the cable is not that hard but by the looks of the P4's it may require taking the entire aircraft apart.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl