Gimbal Control. X1 - F2 ?

Reaction score
HI everyone..

I'm trying to control the tilt / pitch on a Beholder Lite gimbal.

I'm using the X1 port of the DJI Phantom controller and my pitch cable is plugged into F2 of the Naza.. Using the top pin for GND and the bottom pin for PITCH.

Does this sound right? - Can't seem to get the gimbal tilt to work and I'm just troubleshooting.

Have you turned on gimbal control in Naza Assistant? It's disabled by default I think.

It's X1 and F1 by the way.

I think it IS F2 actually. The connections sound right to me, as said above, check the assistant is configured to allow gimbal control. Also be careful not to use full channel throw, limit the end points in the transmitter, not the assistant.

Rilot,
I just installed a Beholder lite and noticed that when I connected the " Pitch" prong on the main board to the NAZA (F2 bottom prong) as you did, I got nothing. So I connected the 'Roll" prong of the main board to the NAZ (F2 bottom prong) and it worked.
I havent added a potentiometer pot yet.

I am wondering if my main board was labelled wrong.

It's possible. The Chinese Martinez boards sometimes have custom firmware on them that has things on the wrong inputs. My first one wouldn't change pitch with the stock cable that came with it and I had to solder it to a different place on the board.

Dale Young said:
Rilot,
I just installed a Beholder lite and noticed that when I connected the " Pitch" prong on the main board to the NAZA (F2 bottom prong) as you did, I got nothing. So I connected the 'Roll" prong of the main board to the NAZ (F2 bottom prong) and it worked.

Dale. I have the same problem. I am using X1 on the stock controller and F2 on the Naza. Top prong GND and bottom prong Pitch. Connected to the gimbal it does NOTHING.

Did you connect it as above except connect to ROLL on the gimbal and it worked??

-Frank

Dale Young said:
Rilot,

Also Dale I got this from another forum

In reference to the Gimbal GUI..

"You just need to switch RC channel settings between roll and pitch tabs. There is a problem with pitch pin in the board, so the idea is to use roll pin instead of pitch. Switching RC channels in GUI will make you roll pin as pitch"

I am confused. When I received my beholder, it came with a black/red cable with two pigtails with conectors on them. One only had one wire and the other had three wires.

I made a cable with a pitch and gnd that fit my board and attached it to F2. Did not work. (I enabled RC X1 and all that stuff) By sticking a small screwdriver into the back of the controller I moved the pot and it showed on the NAZAM asistant.

Are you saying that I need to make a cable with ROLL and gnd to go to the board and still plug it in F2 the same as before.

I have tried to get a response from beholder support with no luck.

Thanks

If somebody still in 2019 trying to find how use TILT without any strange moving.... DJI bastards.... Connect F2 to any gimbal PITCH input... Go to Assistant - gimbal press here something for example fpv mode and press CTRL + TAB and after that you will understand.... HOPE IT HELPS to somebody. DJI bastards.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Kapoon,

Saw your post on gimbal to the DJI Phantom 2 from January. I'm struggling with just that right now, and was hoping you could help me out.

I'm trying to connect the StorM32 1.3.1 board to the Naza V2 for Pitch Control. Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this!

Best,
Jimmy

Diagram of StorM32 board: File:Storm32-nt-v130-ports-and-connections-01.jpg - STorM32-BGC Wiki
Diagram of Naza V2 module: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.28_en.pdf

As you see everything in the video, you need to connect only one wire to storm 32 from x port of naza also setup naza as described

Kapoon,

Wow, that was the fastest reply on a forum I've ever seen!

I know, I seem like a lazy idiot seeming not to have watched the video, but I tried what I could make out from it and it does not work.

To clarify:

Do you have the servo cable connected to the bottom row of the pins F2, F1, M6 on the Naza? Which one of those connections send signals to the Gimbal Board and which inputs of the Gimbal Board is/are they connected to?

There seems to be no mention of any connections from the X Port in the video?

I'm sorry for being so slow to catch on to this!!

Best,
J

Kapoon,

Wow, that was the fastest reply on a forum I've ever seen!

I know, I seem like a lazy idiot seeming not to have watched the video, but I tried what I could make out from it and it does not work.

To clarify:

Do you have the servo cable connected to the bottom row of the pins F2, F1, M6 on the Naza? Which one of those connections send signals to the Gimbal Board and which inputs of the Gimbal Board is/are they connected to?

There seems to be no mention of any connections from the X Port in the video?

I'm sorry for being so slow to catch on to this!!

Best,
J
Connected to f2 of naza to tilt input of stm32 also set default working mode on gimbal so it can be used without mode switch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic