Gimbal being overpowered?

Reaction score
hey guys what’s up :)

So I’ve had this problem for ever and it’s really bugging me. It mainly happens 99% of the time in sports mode and when flying fast sideways or and turning / yawing movement quickly ...

The problem is the gimbal tips or goes limp and you can see the legs of the phantom. It does correct itself but this shouldn’t happen. It’s like the forces applied at speed when the phantom is in sport mode and turning or yawing overpowers the gimbals motors?

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Daz

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Yep, slow down. You are overworking the gimbal motors at high speeds.They are not designed for photography at high speeds, although the aircraft may be capable.

Yep, slow down. You are overworking the gimbal motors at high speeds.They are not designed for photography at high speeds, although the aircraft may be capable.

So are you saying although the phantom can do this speed and turn or yaw at this speed. You shouldn’t ?

So are you saying although the phantom can do this speed and turn or yaw at this speed. You shouldn’t ?
Just an opinion my friend. Phantoms are primarily designed for photograpy. These are not "racing drones" if you will. Virtually all photography is done at a very slow to intermediate speed. At high speeds the gimbal has issues keeping up. That is not a fault of the Phantom, it is a design characteristic. Yes, the Phantom can perform the speed, but don't expect the gimbal to keep up with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik